Changing Notified Body - Anyone have stories to share

M

medic61

We are considering changing our notified body. Our current NB is not responding to our needs and waits until almost too late to shedule our audits.
If you have switched NB do you have "stories" to share about the changeover?
Thanks!

pkost

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Changing Notified Body, anyone have stories to share

I can't give you a change over story, all I can say is that certainly in the UK, the NB's are under massive pressure from the competent authorities and EC to step up their game.

As far as I can tell, every one of them is under-resourced with leadtimes increasing massively.

I do not know your particular circumstance, however I would caution against jumping from the frying pan and into the flames

R

Reg Morrison

Re: Changing Notified Body, anyone have stories to share

I can't give you a change over story, all I can say is that certainly in the UK, the NB's are under massive pressure from the competent authorities and EC to step up their game.

As far as I can tell, every one of them is under-resourced with leadtimes increasing massively.
Excellent comments. Unfortunately, some people are mistaken if they think that a change of Notified Body is as easy and seamless as the transfer of certification bodies. It is not. There is much more liability associated with the NB role (as exemplified in the PIP scandal) and Notified Bodies are becoming EVEN more bureaucratic slow careful in their operations, in order not to be caught in a multi billion lawsuit.

And, the worse part is, the problem is self afflicted. The Notified Bodies, many of them being certification bodies as well self impose low rates for their services, trying to be more cost-competitive, when, in reality, they should be increasing their rates, so they could attract real talent to work for them and do their part in assuring the safety of the products they notify.

Top Bottom