Changing over

B

Brad Serangeli

We are in the process of changing over to the new 9001:2000. Some in my group think we are going to need to rewrite our whole QMS. Shouldn't we be able to "cut and paste" some parts?

J

Jimmy Olson

Hi Brad,

Welcome to the Cove. :bigwave: You'll be able to get lots of information here.

I'm assuming that you are talking about your quality manual. You can cut and paste some of it, but some areas will need to be changed or tweaked. You also have the opportunity to simplify it under 9001:2000. One suggestion is starting with a rough draft from someone. There are plenty of templates floating around here and I have a couple as well. You can use the template as a guide and cut and paste into that to suit your needs. I'm sure plenty of other people will give you suggestions as well. I've seen things done in a number of different ways by different people here. Once you get several ideas you can decide what's comfortable. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, there's no shortage of advice here. :p

B

Brad Serangeli

Richard,
Thanks for the greeting. Like any other small company, mine wants it done with as little costs as possible (and as quick as possible). I have seen some samples on the Web but none thatI feel would suit our small company. Any links or ideas you have would be great.:cool:
I always see the "kits" you can purchase but really think that it is more than we need.:confused:

J

Jimmy Olson

Brad,

Here is a copy of a draft qm that was the basis for our manual. I don't remember where I got it right off hand. I probably got it from someone on here :D We made some changes and additions to fit us, but it was a good start. We just completed our upgrade last month, so the whole process is still fresh in my head if you have any questions about it. And as I said earlier, there's lots of information from some pretty good people here.

Attachments

• qm draft.doc
    86 KB · Views: 331
Top Bottom