Changing Templates Approval Field

Hi all,
Probably this question already came up, but I was not able to find anything that could really answer my question, so I am starting this thread.
sorry if I am making the same question as other person already did.

Currently in our company, we are changing our QMS documentation (we are ISO 9001:2015 certified, and also following some ISO 13485 requirements), and one of the things we have changed was an approval field in every single template/form that was created.

We are a small group (22 people), so templates are then created, reviewed with process owner and if process owner is ok with the template, this is then sent to Quality manager that will release it in the QMS web page where all released documentation is available.

Checking ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, I cannot find anything saying we are making something wrong, but I would like to have also your feedback, as I don't want to have any NC because of this.

Can you please help me with this?
:confused:
Thank you:thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

qualprod

Trusted Information Resource
Why not to add also the review field?, this way both Review and approval
are included in template/forms, just what the standard require at managing documents

Hope this helps

Hi all,
Probably this question already came up, but I was not able to find anything that could really answer my question, so I am starting this thread.
sorry if I am making the same question as other person already did.

Currently in our company, we are changing our QMS documentation (we are ISO 9001:2015 certified, and also following some ISO 13485 requirements), and one of the things we have changed was an approval field in every single template/form that was created.

We are a small group (22 people), so templates are then created, reviewed with process owner and if process owner is ok with the template, this is then sent to Quality manager that will release it in the QMS web page where all released documentation is available.

Checking ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, I cannot find anything saying we are making something wrong, but I would like to have also your feedback, as I don't want to have any NC because of this.

Can you please help me with this?
:confused:
Thank you:thanx:
Welcome! It would help to know what the "templates" are. Forms? I cannot see anything obviously "wrong" with what you describe, if that's what you do - unless it's ineffective for the organization in some way. I personally don't like approvals ON documents. It's unnecessary.

Scanton

Wearer of many hats
I have much the same view.

In a previous role I inherited a mature document system where every up issue of every document was recorded on the document. This meant that many of the documents had reached the stage where there were more pages of recorded approvals than there was information. This is obviously counterproductive and a waste of paper (if printed).

My documents all have a title, a unique reference and a revision number at the top of the page. The up-issue and approvals information is kept in one easily accessible and write protected place elsewhere.

Why not to add also the review field?, this way both Review and approval
are included in template/forms, just what the standard require at managing documents

Hope this helps
Not really. Documents don't have to bear the actual review/approvals, according to the standard. There are many, many documents in daily use, which we accept as reviewed and approved, but there's no sign off ON the actual document.

The "standards" don't require this, either...

Thank you all for your reply.

Due to some issue with my email, I was not able to receive your answers... long time, right?!

Anyway, we didn't implement any review/approval field.
@AndyN, I am referring yes to forms. Here we just call them templates.
Anytime a template/form is required, this need to be discussed with the process owner, to understand if the template already exist or if it makes sense, then if template/form is needed, is developed and is only released if Process owner agreed with it. this approval is done via email or by meeting.

until now is working, and is much better then having signature fields in templates, that need to be removed so people can use it.

thank you all :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Sterilization validation after changing sterilization process provider Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
R Impact of changing manufacturer post clinical investigation CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
D Clothes changing in pharmaceutical factory Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
M Changing supplier of critical raw material (III class device) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
K Changing the Address in 510(K) Approved Product 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
T AS9100 - Changing PEARs target AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 41
C FDA on changing acceptance criteria re: analytical method validation US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
V Statistical basis and justification while comparing / changing sampling plans Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
K Changing from Procedure based to Process based Competency Evaluations General Auditing Discussions 5
J Steps when changing material for class 1 medical device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Marc Email Addresses - Changing your email address Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 0
supadrai OEM Changing the name of the manufacturer - length of process? Is 1-3 months correct? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
R Changing Document Control software. Must I transfer EVERYTHING? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
A IMDS - Changing the Locked Weight Value RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
P Romer Arm - Profile of a Surface Changing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
D Changing software classification via software - IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
L MINITAB 17 - Changing Data Using Minitab Software 3
S Process validation when changing location ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
Don Fardie CAPA vs. Risk Assessment - Changing a product material for better performance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
C Changing Registrars Registrars and Notified Bodies 15
MDD_QNA Changing the Layout of Medical Device Label(s) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
S Keeping track of the changing Medical Device Standards Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
J Changing of our New Hire Orientation Training Records Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
A Changing a Form Template & Updating Records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
D Is anyone changing their ISO 14001:2004 EMS Policy? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
Q Changing Terminology in ISO 9001:2015 - Documentation Content ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
V Changing Indication of Use for a Class IIa Medical Device EU Medical Device Regulations 2
B Changing out Thermocouple - Is new calibration required? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
F Rules to respect when changing from Certification Body ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
MDD_QNA Clinical data requirements - Changing a Class I Medical Device to Class II EU Medical Device Regulations 5
shimonv Changing the Label of a Medical Device product in the field Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
E Information required about changing an off shelf part 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M Changing FMEA template to include Detection Ranking for the PFMEA FMEA and Control Plans 2
WCHorn Changing Sampling Accept Number to Zero, Arbitrarily AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 15
M Amending CFDA Registration for changing site of shipment China Medical Device Regulations 2
S Gage R&R on Potentially Changing Parts - Guidance Needed Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
R Re-registration of medical device in Russia - "changing holder" Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
R Changing CE Mark on Documentation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
K Changing the Auditor within a Notified Body ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
B Process Capability - Changing Limits to Improve Cpk or find Root Causes? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
M Changing Notified Body - Anyone have stories to share CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
R Changing ISO 9001 Certification Scope Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
W Depth Gage Spindle moved when changing Contact Point Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 6
M Changing a Chinese Legal Agent China Medical Device Regulations 5
B Changing dimensional tolerances to approve rejected product ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Q How to handle customer request for changing specifications 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
T Change Control Requirements when changing Suppliers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
P Changing from contract manufactured to self manufactured 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
N Document Control - Changing Company Logo Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
L Changing Quality Objectives ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12