Chaos at Audit Time - Why can't people just follow timelines?

Am I the only one that goes through this at audit time?

• YES - You fool, get a life

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No - We never had that problem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe- Just never noticed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
E

Edith

Is it just me, or is 3 week before audit time, ABSOLUTE chaos!!!!

No one wants to speak to me, include me, etc. for 11 months of the year... But then, wham a month before audits, and they all want you..... They want you bad, and they finally decide it's time to look at their procedures and review... dahhhhhhhhhhhh

Why can't people just follow timelines? Why wait till the last min???

Ok thanks for listening, I needed that... 17 hour days are just getting to me..

Is it just me???:frust: :frust: :frust:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

David Mullins

Given the alternative of blissful ignorance, you should be happy that they are at least aware that they need to do something and want to do it.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Admin
You're lucky if that's the only time you experience the chaos you describe. You''re also lucky that they come to you at all - even just before the audit.

My question is what are they coming to you for? What do you do for them?

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

I didn't vote because the options didn't make sense to me (too early in the morning, perhaps).

We go through the same thing twice a year at the surveillance audits. Sometimes it's only the week before the audit when people decide that something needs to be "upgraded" and the day before .... there's just no way to get the things done that are requested.

The biggest problem, from my point of view, is that the production floor will change something on the fly, with all good intentions of updating procedures and documents, but then don't seem to get "a round tuit". Something clicks at audit time and there are six departments all needing things updated.

I guess my vote would be "NO - You're not alone".

Bill

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Re: I just need to know I'm not alone..

Edith said:

Why can't people just follow timelines? Why wait till the last min???
frust: :frust: :frust:
Welcome to the wonderful world of quality management! Why do people wait till the last minute. I have some opinions:
Overworked
Not motivated
Don't understand the program
Lazy
Dumb
Dumber
Just plain stupid:bonk:

You are not alone. Most of us get it somewhere along the line. If you are just starting out, things will probably get better as you have more surveillance audits. People tend to fear the unknown.

A

Aaron Lupo

Ahhhh yes the chaos before the audit what a joy. Not only do the people I work with freak when we have our ISO audit, but they freak when we have customers come in to do follow up on the audit they did the year before.

We actually had a QA Manager that told our ISO auditors, yes we scramble around about a week before you guys come in to clean up things around here.

So no you are not alone it is a very common thing to ignore the QA dept. until they need something or their a$$ needs to be covered, but hey that is what they pay us for.:bigwave:

E

Edith

Ahhhh, the famous last words... "This too shall pass".
We received certification last year, so this is surveillance 1. Yes, it's fresh... I mean, I might as well taken vacation for 11 months.

I like Steel Maiden's response, but wasn't sure that maybe my expectations of people were too high.

What do I do for them??? Hmmm The work!:bonk: I have to review their procedures, tell them what they are missing or should do etc.

To top it off the employees come to me saying what is ALL of these changes all of a sudden.... Was the quality department just sitting on this for 11 months??? How do I tell them that the timeline stated completion July?
Edith

C

Carl Exter

Life?

We have a little activity prior to audits, but we've been registered to the ISO standard since 1996 so it's better now. I guess it does pass as the system matures.

But gee, Edith. 17 hour days?? confused: It's not my place to say, but regarding the "get a life" option you posted on your poll... I would say: YES! If it takes that much time to get everything done, then perhaps you'd want to discuss provision of resources with the top management. Or I'd update the resume... I feel for you. Good luck!:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chennaiite Chaos --> Bird's eye view, simplify & visualize Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Marc US east coast in chaos following rare October snowstorm - 2011 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 14
D Understanding variation/managing chaos - What is Variation in the numbers? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
T Help!! Design Chaos Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
C Need help in determining applicable clause for an audit finding (based on AS9120B) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
G Opening meeting - internal audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Ed Panek Audit Protocol? Simultaneous surveillance and recertification audits. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
D Is a lost calibrated tool an non-conformance for an audit? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 58
D IATF16949 external audit plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
B 8.5.1.1 Control Plan - question audit NC IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
D ISO 9001:2015 Recertification Audit Timing ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
Mr Roo Discovered dishonesty after performing an internal audit General Auditing Discussions 4
Q 10.3 Continual improvement - How to audit it? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
H Audit Checklist for European Authorized Representative EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Q Product audit assessment IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S Customer audit report review and approval ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Moncia Integrated QMS and audit Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
G Audit & Agreements for "Test Laboratory" Supplier? US Medical Device Regulations 4
J New QMS Auditor - seeking opportunities to gain audit experience Career and Occupation Discussions 3
M IATF external audit NC closure IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
W IATF 9.2.2.1 Internal Audit how to determine risk IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
M Multiple time zones in the Audit Trail Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 7
X Looking for 17025 auditor to perform internal audit on IT software testing laboratory ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
A API Q1 9th Edition Surveillance Audit - Quality Policy Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
S Audit Finding - Design History File (DHF) Index: few (3 to 4) reports not identified ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
xfngrs 3 year audit cycle IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
Q NACE Code 25.6 no reduction in CB audit days? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
J 9001 Internal Audit of Client Onboarding process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
H Streamlining audit response and corrective action processes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
Q Corrective Action Notification - Registration Audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
chris1price Irradiation site for dose audit Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
PQ Systems 5 Ways to Reduce Stress on Your Next Audit Using GAGEpack Software 0
PQ Systems Audit Prep – Time for a System Health Check Using GAGEpack Software 0
N API Q1 Audit Surveillance - Questions Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
A Alternative to on site audit in China EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J Help to understand and response to API AAR during the re-certification audit Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 17
B Internal audit checklist Internal Auditing 5
V Internal Audit Software IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J Internal Audit Schedule IATF Internal Auditing 4
Mikey324 External calibration - Finding in our 3rd party audit General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 58
C ISO 14001 Internal Audit - Opportunity for Improvement ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
P Does FDA require certification for quality system internal audit for auditor? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
J Stage 2 audit initial cert, few data points ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Corrections not allowed during audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
P Looking to outsource Internal Audit - MDSAP competent auditor needed Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 9
R GFE Audit - Violation? GFE Location Controls AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
D Help Me. Non conformitty in External Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
M How to answer ISO9001:2015 audit finding of old revisions of documents being used? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
B UKRP to what level should you audit Class I Technical Documentation? UK Medical Device Regulations 0
I Audit is tomorrow but I refused to participate Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 16