Chaos at Audit Time - Why can't people just follow timelines?

Am I the only one that goes through this at audit time?

• YES - You fool, get a life

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No - We never had that problem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe- Just never noticed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
E

Edith

Is it just me, or is 3 week before audit time, ABSOLUTE chaos!!!!

No one wants to speak to me, include me, etc. for 11 months of the year... But then, wham a month before audits, and they all want you..... They want you bad, and they finally decide it's time to look at their procedures and review... dahhhhhhhhhhhh

Why can't people just follow timelines? Why wait till the last min???

Ok thanks for listening, I needed that... 17 hour days are just getting to me..

Is it just me???:frust: :frust: :frust:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

David Mullins

Given the alternative of blissful ignorance, you should be happy that they are at least aware that they need to do something and want to do it.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
You're lucky if that's the only time you experience the chaos you describe. You''re also lucky that they come to you at all - even just before the audit.

My question is what are they coming to you for? What do you do for them?

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

I didn't vote because the options didn't make sense to me (too early in the morning, perhaps).

We go through the same thing twice a year at the surveillance audits. Sometimes it's only the week before the audit when people decide that something needs to be "upgraded" and the day before .... there's just no way to get the things done that are requested.

The biggest problem, from my point of view, is that the production floor will change something on the fly, with all good intentions of updating procedures and documents, but then don't seem to get "a round tuit". Something clicks at audit time and there are six departments all needing things updated.

I guess my vote would be "NO - You're not alone".

Bill

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Re: I just need to know I'm not alone..

Edith said:

Why can't people just follow timelines? Why wait till the last min???
frust: :frust: :frust:
Welcome to the wonderful world of quality management! Why do people wait till the last minute. I have some opinions:
Overworked
Not motivated
Don't understand the program
Lazy
Dumb
Dumber
Just plain stupid:bonk:

You are not alone. Most of us get it somewhere along the line. If you are just starting out, things will probably get better as you have more surveillance audits. People tend to fear the unknown.

A

Aaron Lupo

Ahhhh yes the chaos before the audit what a joy. Not only do the people I work with freak when we have our ISO audit, but they freak when we have customers come in to do follow up on the audit they did the year before.

We actually had a QA Manager that told our ISO auditors, yes we scramble around about a week before you guys come in to clean up things around here.

So no you are not alone it is a very common thing to ignore the QA dept. until they need something or their a$$ needs to be covered, but hey that is what they pay us for.:bigwave:

E

Edith

Ahhhh, the famous last words... "This too shall pass".
We received certification last year, so this is surveillance 1. Yes, it's fresh... I mean, I might as well taken vacation for 11 months.

I like Steel Maiden's response, but wasn't sure that maybe my expectations of people were too high.

What do I do for them??? Hmmm The work!:bonk: I have to review their procedures, tell them what they are missing or should do etc.

To top it off the employees come to me saying what is ALL of these changes all of a sudden.... Was the quality department just sitting on this for 11 months??? How do I tell them that the timeline stated completion July?
Edith

C

Carl Exter

Life?

We have a little activity prior to audits, but we've been registered to the ISO standard since 1996 so it's better now. I guess it does pass as the system matures.

But gee, Edith. 17 hour days?? confused: It's not my place to say, but regarding the "get a life" option you posted on your poll... I would say: YES! If it takes that much time to get everything done, then perhaps you'd want to discuss provision of resources with the top management. Or I'd update the resume... I feel for you. Good luck!:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chennaiite Chaos --> Bird's eye view, simplify & visualize Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Marc US east coast in chaos following rare October snowstorm - 2011 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 14
D Understanding variation/managing chaos - What is Variation in the numbers? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
T Help!! Design Chaos Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
P US FDA QSR Internal Audit 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
M How to answer ISO9001:2015 audit finding of old revisions of documents being used? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
B UKRP to what level should you audit Class I Technical Documentation? UK Medical Device Regulations 0
I Audit is tomorrow but I refused to participate Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 15
I ISO 17025:2017 / ANAB 3125 - Articulating / Communicating Risks vis-a-vis Audit Findings ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
D Verify Audit Trail of SaaS system Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
D Re-labeler - audit the supplier EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J Outsourced Internal Audit requirements for Aerospace Suppliers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 21
A PPAP question for audit APQP and PPAP 16
D Number of people to be interviewed during an internal audit? Internal Auditing 6
B Gamma Quarterly Audit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
A Anxiety - ISO Re-registration Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 69
Ed Panek Auditor MDR (Presub audit) finding EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Q Easy CARs for Internal Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
D Question and advice for a supplier self audit questionnaire ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S Quarterly Dose Audit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
H When is a SOC 2 audit necessary? IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
J NCR- Failure of contract review process - NADCAP audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
D Special IATF audit of sub-supplier IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
A Internal audit plan and processes for ISO 14001:2015 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
D Question on using audit checklist ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 20
C API Q1 internal audit report Internal Auditing 3
P Filled in F48/F49 for internal audit ISO 17025:2017 Internal Auditing 2
A IRIS audit - Discussion about Special Processes General Auditing Discussions 11
J Internal audit random sampling methodology Internal Auditing 2
D Major NC from last audit not fixed not sure how to fix General Auditing Discussions 10
X Sample SOC2 audit report (or a redacted one) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
D Lead time to schedule an ISO 13485 audit General Auditing Discussions 2
G Organizing internal audit program for an Integrated QHSE Management System Internal Auditing 13
S Does anyone have a checklist to prepare for ISO 13485, Stage I audit? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
W How do you phrase your internal audit questions? Internal Auditing 3
Z Steps to take before an MDSAP audit for Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
V Csv, excel format - audit trail file of HPLC system ( Empower, openlab, EZchrom or any other ) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
G Not accepting a non conformity during an audit General Auditing Discussions 11
K IATF audit day requirements table 5.2 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
Q ISO 9001/IATF 16949 Audit Finding Question - Document Retention IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
M IATF - Internal Audit 3 year span Internal Auditing 4
Q Audit report template ISO 9001/14001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
Q ISO 9001-2015 Internal audit finding Internal Auditing 14
lanley liao How to understand this words that the planning of internal audit shall take into consideration the results of previous audits? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
P Audit check for IT company (ISO 9001) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Supplier audit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Go Live With New ERP System before Recertification Audit General Auditing Discussions 6
A Add MDSAP to Internal Audit Schedule Medical Device Related Regulations 0
A Define timeline for Major and Miner Audit finding General Auditing Discussions 4
J IATF 16949 Internal Audit question - Auditor's responsibility Internal Auditing 6