Checklist for MDD to MDR gap analysis

shimonv

Trusted Information Resource
Hi Folks,
Has anyone seen. a Checklist for MDD to MDR gap analysis?
We are getting close to the transition time.

Thanks,
Shimon

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mark Meer

Quick bump.
I'm starting the process, and it would certainly be helpful if anyone can share/link-to a resource highlighting the deviations from MDD.
Current strategy is to go through MDR, and extract all applicable requirements and create a whole new checklist...but it is quickly apparent that there's a lot of overlap, and so any resource(s) to focus in on the differences would be very handy.

Unfortunately the "Correlation Table" in Annex XVII of the MDR is not very helpful, as it only seems to show what is removed from MDD, and even for the items where a correlation is listed, the wording between "correlated" clauses is often different, and there is no indication if such differences/modification are substantive or not.

Jean_B

A start can be found in "
CEN/TR 17223:2018
Guidance on the relationship between EN ISO 13485:2016 (Medical devices. Quality management systems. Requirements for regulatory purposes) and European Medical Devices Regulation and In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices Regulation" with respect to QMS.
As for the rest. I've found it best to treat it as a clean break. Doing any kind of shortcut adoption based on similarity might cost more than you might save as some changes have implicit effects in other parts of the text and thus should be fully reviewed anyway. Substantive difference question is answered by the absence of grandfathering. It simply should be regarded as that different.

Rincewind

Involved In Discussions
A start can be found in "
CEN/TR 17223:2018
Guidance on the relationship between EN ISO 13485:2016 (Medical devices. Quality management systems. Requirements for regulatory purposes) and European Medical Devices Regulation and In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices Regulation" with respect to QMS.
As for the rest. I've found it best to treat it as a clean break. Doing any kind of shortcut adoption based on similarity might cost more than you might save as some changes have implicit effects in other parts of the text and thus should be fully reviewed anyway. Substantive difference question is answered by the absence of grandfathering. It simply should be regarded as that different.
Almost 400€...

Ellison

Starting to get Involved
BSI had a decent whitepaper regarding the GSPR and how it correlated back to the ER if a correlation existed. It’s obviosuly not going to cover everything but it will help. We used it as additional guidance for the engineers who were performing the gap assessment to product.

shimonv

Hi Fellows,
I just finished my first MDR gap assessment. Truly the best resource is BSI Transition to MDR page.
Specifically, I recommend the following:
1. MDR Readiness Review - this is a nice sanity check for MDR readiness.
2. How to prepare for and implement the upcoming MDR - Dos and Don'ts - this has a more comprehensive review of each chapter in the MDR and what to pay attention to.
3. MDR: Effects on QM-System - this is a nice presentation from confinis.com. What I like about it is the table showing the Articles/Annex number, whats it about, whats need to be done, and the how.

I believe these resources together with the MDR iteslf are sufficient to get going.

Cheers,
Shimon

Attachments

Ellison

Starting to get Involved
Do you by chance have a link to it (I assume it's on a BSI website)?
The site wont let me link the site because I don't have enough posts :confused: but you assume correctly its on the BSI website. I recommend searching BSI Compliance Navigator white papers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Essential Requirements Checklist - (MDD 93/42 / EEC) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
O MDD 93/42/EEC Checklist during Audit EU Medical Device Regulations 12
S Canada - Essential Requirements Checklist for MDD 93/42/EEC Canada Medical Device Regulations 8
F Combined ER/EP Checklist template that covers both MDD ERs and Australian EPs EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A Auditing Checklist for MDD 93/42/EEU that will cross reference several regulations EU Medical Device Regulations 9
L MDD (Medical Device Directive) Compliance Review checklist wanted EU Medical Device Regulations 9
D MDD 2007/ - Essential Requirement Checklist - Physical and Biological Properties EU Medical Device Regulations 4
P Essential Requirements checklist as per unrevised MDD (MDD 93/42/EEC) EU Medical Device Regulations 7
J Medical Device Directive (MDD) 2007/47/EC and 2006/42/EC EHSR checklist EU Medical Device Regulations 7
T MDD Essential Requirements Checklist in accordance with MDD 2007/47/EC EU Medical Device Regulations 3
I Essential Requirements Checklist for MDD 2007/47 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
W MDD (Medical Device Directive) Essential Requirements Checklist ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 18
Tagin Template or Checklist for Process Change Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
F MDR GSPR Checklist template EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A Does anyone have a checklist of API Spec 650 13th Edition? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 0
H AS9100 Checklist for Internal Audit needed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A MDR GSPR Checklist wanted EU Medical Device Regulations 6
A ISO 10002:2018 Checklist Needed (Complaints Handling) Customer Complaints 5
I Release checklist EO sterilization process Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
V Generic IATF 16949 Audit Checklist wanted IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
B Risk Assessment Checklist for Non product Software IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
J Does anyone have an excel IATF 16949 Internal Audit checklist I could use? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
V ISO 50001 - looking for a generic checklist Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
M Do you need an Applicable general safety and performance requirements Checklist? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
vickyva Checklist for Clinical Investigation compliant to EU-MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M MSDS process audit - Can any one give idea for checklist of the same Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 14
W Does anyone have an API Q2 checklist for internal auditing? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
D Required Checklist Showing Compliance to IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 11
D What are the important things to keep track of in product audit checklist? Software Quality Assurance 3
M Quality checklist for opening a second location Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
M Informational TGA – Essential principles checklist (medical devices) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
B Free downloadable AS9100D audit checklist ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
M Informational HPRA Brexit Preparedness Checklist Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
Nicole Desouza Contract / Customer Order Review Checklist Needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
C Internal Audit - Process Clause Matrix / Audit Checklist ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
G ISO 22442 Supplier Audit Checklist - Medical devices utilizing animal tissues General Auditing Discussions 0
B IEC 62304 - Update Checklist IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
N Comprehensive Compliance Matrix for Internal Audit Checklist Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
C CMDR Essential (Safety & Effectiveness) Requirements Checklist? Canada Medical Device Regulations 9
S Internal Audit Checklist for Application/Software development IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
O How to create robustness checklist from p diagram FMEA and Control Plans 9
D Essential Requirements Checklist for Standalone Software CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 10
D FDA QSR task checklist based on inspection citations 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
Ashland78 IATF 16949 Internal Audit Checklist Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
P IATF checklist for External Supplier Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
CbusQAguy IATF 16949 6.1.2.3 - Contingency Plans Testing Checklist IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Ajit Basrur Looking for a Design Transfer Checklist 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
N Essential requirements checklist needed? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
R Anyone who can share a checklist for ISO 29134? IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
V MAQMSR Checklist Wanted IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8