Checklist for RA and QA Review of DVT (design verification test) for Software

Silvertabb

Involved In Discussions
Hi,
Is there a checklist that QA and RA people can use the review and approval of Software V&V Test Protocols, DVT reports for medical device? If the checklist is presented for separately for each discipline (i.e. RA and QA), it would very much be appreciated.

thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
I've never used one and I've never heard of one - especially not for RA. It got me thinking, though, what I look for.

From a technical perspective:
* requirements coverage of tests (are all requirements mapped to tests)
* test coverage of requirements (do the tests 'fully consume' the requirements)
* is there objective evidence that the expected results are met
* was the equipment used (PCs, etc.) recorded
* was the software under configuration control and properly identified in the test

From a process perspective:
* was everything performed in accordance with any parent process doc (e.g., a validation plan and/or validation master plan)
* are any changes to the expected results properly controlled (i.e., did the tester just change the expected results to match actual results or was a controlled process followed)
* were other changes to the protocol made per a controlled process
* were the testers properly trained / experienced to execute the test (and assess the results)

From a GDP perspective:
* is all data captured in accordance with GDP (permanent ink, changes properly annotated, etc.)
* are all attachments properly linked
* is the tester properly identified and associated with all recorded information
* is there anything that would make me question the veracity of the data / results

This was just a quick list off the top of my head. Maybe others can add to it (if there aren't any checklists provided).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nicole Desouza Contract / Customer Order Review Checklist Needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
B Checklist for ISO/TS16949 for review and comment IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
W Checklist for AS9100 Clause 7.2.2 Review Of Requirememts Related to Product AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
K Coding Standard vs Coding Guidelines vs Code Review Checklist Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
K AS9100:2009 Process Checklist (Contract Review) - Feedback wanted Contract Review Process 4
L MDD (Medical Device Directive) Compliance Review checklist wanted EU Medical Device Regulations 9
T Design Review Checklist for an Electrical Engineering Consultancy Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
S Hazard Review Checklist for Biomass Power Generation Plant wanted Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 19
S OHS (Occupational Health & Safety) hazard review checklist? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
S Design Review Checklist Format Example wanted Design and Development of Products and Processes 16
R Year-end review checklist for Internal Financial Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
O Production Readiness Review Checklist Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
N "Concept Feasibility Review" checklist for new products - Seeking template or example APQP and PPAP 5
J Management Review Checklist - Seeking a form or example Management Review Meetings and related Processes 7
T Management Review Checklist / Form / Procedure - Seeking Examples Management Review Meetings and related Processes 16
D Contract Review Checklist Contract Review Process 1
J Is there a need to create a "Contract Review" checklist or document? Contract Review Process 19
A MDR GSPR Checklist wanted EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A ISO 10002:2018 Checklist Needed (Complaints Handling) Customer Complaints 5
I Release checklist EO sterilization process Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
V Generic IATF 16949 Audit Checklist wanted IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
B Risk Assessment Checklist for Non product Software IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
J Does anyone have an excel IATF 16949 Internal Audit checklist I could use? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
V ISO 50001 - looking for a generic checklist Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
M Do you need an Applicable general safety and performance requirements Checklist? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
vickyva Checklist for Clinical Investigation compliant to EU-MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M MSDS process audit - Can any one give idea for checklist of the same Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 14
W Does anyone have an API Q2 checklist for internal auditing? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
D Required Checklist Showing Compliance to IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 11
D What are the important things to keep track of in product audit checklist? Software Quality Assurance 3
M Quality checklist for opening a second location Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
M Informational TGA – Essential principles checklist (medical devices) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
B Free downloadable AS9100D audit checklist ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
M Informational HPRA Brexit Preparedness Checklist Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
G Essential Requirements Checklist - (MDD 93/42 / EEC) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
C Internal Audit - Process Clause Matrix / Audit Checklist ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
G ISO 22442 Supplier Audit Checklist - Medical devices utilizing animal tissues General Auditing Discussions 0
B IEC 62304 - Update Checklist IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
N Comprehensive Compliance Matrix for Internal Audit Checklist Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
C CMDR Essential (Safety & Effectiveness) Requirements Checklist? Canada Medical Device Regulations 9
S Internal Audit Checklist for Application/Software development IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
shimonv Checklist for MDD to MDR gap analysis EU Medical Device Regulations 17
O How to create robustness checklist from p diagram FMEA and Control Plans 9
D Essential Requirements Checklist for Standalone Software CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 10
D FDA QSR task checklist based on inspection citations 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
Ashland78 IATF 16949 Internal Audit Checklist Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
P IATF checklist for External Supplier Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
CbusQAguy IATF 16949 6.1.2.3 - Contingency Plans Testing Checklist IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Ajit Basrur Looking for a Design Transfer Checklist 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
N Essential requirements checklist needed? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4