Choosing a Registrar - Registrar Recommendations

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
We are gearing up for our first certification to ISO9001. We are considering several different CBs, but I was wondering if anyone had some thoughts concerning SQA. Also, has anyone used Orion or Platinum? Thanks!

Orion has the advantage of being local to you. They are headquartered in Colorado and have local auditors. I have heard some feedback from clients about them, but I don't want to publicly post information about them based on hearsay...

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
We are gearing up for our first certification to ISO9001. We are considering several different CBs, but I was wondering if anyone had some thoughts concerning SQA. Also, has anyone used Orion or Platinum? Thanks!

Besides my other post, here are three Registrars that I am familiar with (worked with) they are all good in certain things:

American Systems Registrar (ASR)

NQA-USA

DNV

If you would like my personal thought contact me via a PM.

Last edited:

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant

Disclaimer: I am NOT unbiased in this, as I work for SQA (Smithers Quality Assessments).

I think SQA has some very good senior auditors. I think I am one of them. If you are interested in getting beneficial audits, that provide value and help you improve, I would recommend that you select SQA, and request me as your auditor. :)

OK, it may not be unbiased, but I think the opinion is valid. You can search for my postings on this forum...there are quite a few to pick from...

J

JLLASER

Thanks very much, guys!:thanx:

I don't post very often, but I have read almost daily :read: here for quite a while. I have grown to value your opinions and appreciate your input.:bigwave: So, thanks also for all the other valuable information I have gotten from you guys (and others here!)

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
To be fair, just yesterday, I saw an ad from a very well established CB offering a money back guarantee clause. If you are not happy with their services, they will refund your money. I am sure you don't get to keep the certificate (if one was issued).

Which triggered me to think about potential marketing strategies for CB's:

Pay for one auditor, and we'll send you a second one, free. You only pay for shipping and handling....:lol:

Our audit day rate is $1000, but you can upgrade ($1300/day) to an auditor who really knows what s/he is doing.....:mg:

With e-auditorharmony.com our auditors are matched to your organization as soul mates....:tg:

J

John Nabors - 2009

To be fair, just yesterday, I saw an ad from a very well established CB offering a money back guarantee clause. If you are not happy with their services, they will refund your money. I am sure you don't get to keep the certificate (if one was issued).

Which triggered me to think about potential marketing strategies for CB's:

Pay for one auditor, and we'll send you a second one, free. You only pay for shipping and handling....:lol:

Our audit day rate is $1000, but you can upgrade ($1300/day) to an auditor who really knows what s/he is doing.....:mg:

With e-auditorharmony.com our auditors are matched to your organization as soul mates....:tg:

But wait- there's more!! Call within the next 30 minutes and we'll give you a second certificate at no extra charge! You just pay for the shipping and handling!

AndyN

Moved On
Maybe all the auditors details should be posted like you are on 'Match' (what, me have personal experience?):notme:

Prospective clients could browse the credentials, photos ("Joe auditing a warehouse, Joe holding an opening meeting, Joe writing a report") and other details ("Joe likes mountain biking, flower arranging and yoga")

That way clients could be sure to find someone who fits the corporate culture and is a good fit for the (lasting) relationship........

Who knows, maybe clients could 'wink' to see if the auditor was interested in working with them; ("Joe replies, no, thanks - Tonawanda isn't really where I like to spend my winters, I'm looking for a bigger company in New Mexico......"):lmao::lmao:

D

DMorin

I would like to include TUV Rheinland :agree1: into the mix of Registrars that you are all considering.

TUV Rheinland provides a value added partnership approach to audits and great customer service on a global scale while being very competitive.

I do work for TUVr and I would be happy to provide further information if anyone would like. Please visit my profile for contact info.

It's also important to note that not all Registrars are created equal. I would reccomend when choosing a registrar to research the company itself since often times they have many other services that you might be interested in and a combination package deal could result plus having one company address many of your needs helps simplify things.

Also, I would suggest asking for auditor resumes and speaking with auditors about their experience to determine if they would be a good fit for your company.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom