Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Choosing a Registrar - Registrar Recommendations

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
I find interesting some of these "endorsements". Contributing here at The Cove is a way of exposing your added value approach as an auditor or a CB representative and creating interest in your services. Oddly, there is only a handful of Covers who clearly announce their CB affiliation and come here to contribute.

Why is it that so few auditors ACTIVELY participate in here?

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
I find interesting some of these "endorsements". Contributing here at The Cove is a way of exposing your added value approach as an auditor or a CB representative and creating interest in your services. Oddly, there is only a handful of Covers who clearly announce their CB affiliation and come here to contribute.

Why is it that so few auditors ACTIVELY participate in here?

That is an interesting question. I have talked about Elsmar to a number of my auditor collegues, and they have hours to kill sitting in hotel rooms, but there seems to be little interest. But, there are clearly a few very good teacher/consultant auditors who enjoy working here. I have learned a lot, and have tried to give a lot, and find it has made me a much better auditor. The insights I have learned by participating have made my audits much more balanced and value added.

I recommend it to any auditors out there who are watching in the shadows...

S

somerqc

I also "advertise" Elsmar to my auditor (and his replacement due to sick leave once). As has been stated, to my knowledge they have never looked it up.

:frust:

D

DMorin

I just came across Elsmar the other day and find the information very useful. Few sites have good quality discussions. I have promoted this website to a few of my auditors. I think the lack of contributing is purely a timing issue. There are many discussions and groups that I try and contribute to, but I often find that there is not enough time in the day

P

Pazuzu - 2009

Hi all,

For the last while I've been contemplating a switch of registrars. We currently use TUV Canada but the certification body is now transferred to KIWA as I'm sure most of you are aware. With this change, another registrar has made a very proactive move and has sent me a package in order for a changeover to them. This registar is SGS Systems.

I've taken the liberty to do a little research but thought I'd ask the team here on your thoughts. Who here uses SGS? Recommendations? Pros/Cons?

Any feedback would be stellar!

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi all,

For the last while I've been contemplating a switch of registrars. We currently use TUV Canada but the certification body is now transferred to KIWA as I'm sure most of you are aware. With this change, another registrar has made a very proactive move and has sent me a package in order for a changeover to them. This registar is SGS Systems.

I've taken the liberty to do a little research but thought I'd ask the team here on your thoughts. Who here uses SGS? Recommendations? Pros/Cons?

Any feedback would be stellar!
I haven't ever used them or TuV. I have used ASR, DNV, and NQA.

D

DMorin

Hi Pazuzu,

TUV Sud (TUV America) has sold their registration services. TUV Rheinland still audits in Canada and I do have Canadian auditors if you are looking to stay with a TUV.

Dave

P

Pazuzu - 2009

I'll be staying with who we have currently but my primary interest right now is if anybody here has had experiance with SGS or knows somebody who has.

Top Bottom