Choosing a Registrar - Registrars That "Do It All"

R

Randy Stewart

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I still think it's one of those "If you don't want to know the answer, don't ask the question" thing and way too political for me. I don't believe we'll ever see it change, it's just too big anymore and the ramifications would run too deep. :agree:

E

energy

On the way!

Mike S. said:

Angela,

I hope you are right -- if there are registrars out there not playing by the rules they should be sanctioned appropriately.

Regarding your statement "As far as PJ goes, I thought it was common knowledge in the Quality business not to accept those calls", I have to wonder: Why do YOU think PJ is (supposedly) growing by leaps and bounds to the point where they are now the top registrar? Lots of companies must not know about this "common knowledge" you speak of. Or do they know of this "common knowledge" but they don't care? Or something else? What do you think? :confused:

Mike S.,

I got the "call" yesterday, with a promise to receive a package very soon. It is interesting to note that this wasn't a "cold call". Someone here, my previous Boss, had contacted them a long time ago and they were just "following up" on our progress. I will study the literature to see if there are any guarantees cited and how the guarantee would be assured. A few years ago, another previous supervisor from another life, showed me a VHS presentation from them, from the man himself. I don't remember any "conflict of interest" message, but I was instructed to not answer the phone if it was from them, again. He said they were pestering him.
As it so happened, he was out and we had a temporary switchboard person who put the call through to me. It was a female that most people in the office knew by name because of the repeated calls. I called back and asked to speak the "Manager" in charge. I questioned their tactics and told him that it will never work at this company. He professed that this was the not the way they operated and I gave him the name of the person. He said, "She should know better", apologized and the calls stopped.
It was very aggressive behavior and I suspect that it was $$ commission driven. I think that Angela's statement about "Q" people not answering "those calls", may be as a result of the "pesty" marketing tactic, not necessarily because of the reputation for shady services. I will post again after reading the literature.
Bet you thought this was over. Not a chance. :vfunny: :ko: :smokin:

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
We look forward to your report, Energy. Maybe this will be the start of a new career for you: Energy - Investigative Journalist!:eek:

E

energy

He was very cordial

Mike S. said:

We look forward to your report, Energy. Maybe this will be the start of a new career for you: Energy - Investigative Journalist!:eek:

Mike S..

To make a long story short, I allowed the PJ Rep. to stop by the office and drop off his literature vs. sending it by mail. He was given 5 minutes on a very busy day (this Tuesday past) to do his thing. No pressure, no promises and no mention of "extra services" such as this thread has pointed to. We'll digest the material after the holidays for a hint of impropiety. It may just be a case of Chicken Little yelling the "The sky is falling, the sky is falling" and the barnyard animals scurrying for cover. :vfunny: I promise, like the Fox News network, fair and balanced reporting. :rolleyes: :ko: :smokin:

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Energy,

During the PJ rep's. visit I hope you looked carefully for any evidence of small horns protruding from the forehead (perhaps hidden by a bad toupee)!:vfunny:

We look forward to your further analysis.

E

energy

Close the door on this chapter

Mike S. said:

Energy,

During the PJ rep's. visit I hope you looked carefully for any evidence of small horns protruding from the forehead (perhaps hidden by a bad toupee)!:vfunny:

We look forward to your further analysis.

Mike S.,

Unfortuntely, PJ's material is still on what used to be my desk covered in tears stain. Who knows, maybe I get another package while I'm changing his oil in Jiffy Lube! :rolleyes: :smokin:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Randy said:
Yes...Yes

What we need is more punishment!

Lets publically flail those that step out of line!!

Break out the thumbscrews. Make some examples. Get everyone to toe the mark (not to be confused with good ol' Marc who might enjoy some toeing).:biglaugh:
Ah! A bondage fan!

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Gee, after reading some of these posts, maybe IAF (International Accreditation Forum) should require their ABs (Accrediting Bodies) to post accreditation suspension the way ILAC (International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation) requires their ABs to do.

Hershal

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Sounds like a good idea to me, but similar to most professional societies things like that are typically hidden as far as possible and 'self regulated'.

Top Bottom