Choosing a Vision System - Recommendations for a User Friendlier System

D

Dr. Electron

Hi Everyone! We currently have a vision system in house that is very powerful, but requires a lot of engineering support (needs programs for each part number). We're currently looking for a system that
• gets away from the dinosaur way of inspecting (manually picking points) and
• utilizes some kind of edge detection technology, but is
• easy for operators or managers to just hop on and measure...
• without needing hours of training or engineering support 20/5. Also
• not systems with edge detection added as an afterthought...ones designed with it in mind.

Any systems any of you out there are pretty happy with?

Thanks!

C

Crash Not

Micro-Vu w/ inSpec software. Easy to learn--it goes into a "teach mode" as soon as a co-ordinate system is established. Multiple edge detection tools. Can import certain file formats and convert to inspection programs. Support and service is excellent. Faster than our probe type CMM. No company connections; just a satisfied customer for 9 years.

J

justncredible

What do you have now?

I never seen a vision system that is complicated. Compared to a cmm they are so basic. I would say a little more than a comparator, well depending on the comparator and box. Since there are comparators that run dcc programs.

D

Dr. Electron

What do you have now?

I never seen a vision system that is complicated. Compared to a cmm they are so basic. I would say a little more than a comparator, well depending on the comparator and box. Since there are comparators that run dcc programs.

Currently have a NEXIV on board...which is awesome...but it's cumbersome for situations where you just want to go up to the machine and measure a part or two.

Top Bottom