Chrysler CSR November 2007 - Internal Audit Requirements

R

rjkozak

Has anyone read over the internal audit requirements?

Also, the document "basic elements of manufacturing " is not easily found.

Any help/ comments from the cove ?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: Chrysler CSR November 2007

Bob, to make it easier for people to respond, the requirements you are referring to are quoted below:
4.2.9 Internal Quality Audits

The organization shall conduct an internal quality audit at least once per year.
As a part of the internal quality audit, the organization shall perform a self-assessment to ensure their Quality Management System is in compliance with the Objectives, Example Metrics and Support Mechanisms defined in Chrysler’s document “Elements Of Manufacturing Basics”. This self-assessment is mandatory, beginning with the organization’s first internal audit occurring on or after 7 January 2008. The document is available through the Chrysler Global Supplier Portal via the “Quality Management Systems Information” page.
This self-assessment requirement also applies to the organization’s supply base (all suppliers). The organization (and all suppliers) shall maintain records of this self-assessment including any corrective actions required for compliance.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Is the "Basic Elements..." document not where Sidney's quote of the requirements says it is?

R

rjkozak

Several folks from 1st tier auto suppliers that I know have not been able to locate this document, I do not have access to Chrysler's website.

Hopefully someone will contact the authorized customer representative and get some clarification. I am working on this also , and perhaps some others have information on this " new" requirement.

Some of us are baffled at this point. Thanks

B

bgwiehle

Is the "Basic Elements..." document not where Sidney's quote of the requirements says it is?

Yes it is there:
sign in on Covisint, go to the Chrysler portal
Go to the Reference tab
Scroll to Downloads

"Quality Management Systems Information" link is midway down that alphabetical list (below "Process Sign-Off Manual" and above "Supplier PFMEA Audit Summary", 2 other frequently-requested documents)
The link goes to http://qmsi.extra.daimlerchrysler.com/wi/clients/QMSI_e

"Elements of Manufacturing Basics" is the first item on that page. It's a basic 11-slide presentation in pdf format.

B.G. Wiehle

Last edited by a moderator:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Yes it is there:
sign in on Covisint, go to the Chrysler portal
Go to the Reference tab
Scroll to Downloads

B.G. Wiehle

Unfortunately, many of us do not have access to the OEM's sites through Covisint. I have approached some of my automotive friends to help me obtain this document for our Fellow Covers. I'll see what I can come up with.

Stijloor.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Friends,

Attached are two of the three documents that according to my Client make up the Chrysler Self-Assessment. The 3rd one has not been released yet. (I can not verify that these documents are the very latest revision.)

Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

Attachments

• Control Plan Audit Form Dist 122006.pdf
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,182
  • Supplier PFMEA Audit Summary 10MAR06.xls
    46 KB · Views: 1,198
S

ssaass

Does the new Chrysler requirements calls to perform self assesment as per control plan/FMEA forms attached?

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Does the new Chrysler requirements calls to perform self assessment as per control plan/FMEA forms attached?

Hello ssaass,

The requirement for self-assessment is included in post #2 in this thread. I have not been able to personally compare the attachments with the ones posted on the Chrysler website because I do not have access through Covisint.

I am sure that others who have access to the site will respond.

Stijloor.

B

bgwiehle

Hello ssaass,

The requirement for self-assessment is included in post #2 in this thread. I have not been able to personally compare the attachments with the ones posted on the Chrysler website because I do not have access through Covisint.

I am sure that others who have access to the site will respond.

Stijloor.

Allright - I give up. Here is Chrysler's "Elements of Manufacturing Basics" presentation (no rev date). As you will see, it has NOTHING to do with auditing PFMEAs or Control Plans. If you re-read the Chrysler CSR excerpt in Post #2, it is asking for a self-assessment (FORMAT NOT DEFINED) of the QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, as part of the INTERNAL AUDIT PROCESS.

I don't know why a current TS-16949 certificate is no longer enough. Most of the metrics included in the presentation are supposed to be reviewed in Management Review, which is already part of the internal audit program. The Chrysler requirement is effective in Jan 2008, so our internal audit co-ordinator will be developing a plan to deal with this. It's possible, I suppose, that all Chrysler is expecting is a summary of the internal audit program. :bonk:

B.G. Wiehle

Attachments

• 72862Elements_Of_Manufacturing_Basics.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 744
Top Bottom