CI Prioritized Action Plan

M

Mike525

The 3rd Ed calls for a prioritized action plan for continuous improvement for processes showing stability, capability, and acceptable performance. Our internal auditors have interpreted this to mean a prioritized action plan for ALL continuous improvement projects, and have been 'gigging' those areas that haven't prioritized their CIPs. I disagree with their 'liberal' interpretation. I believe the QSR is citing application to mfg. processes, due to how the fourth note in para. 4.2.5.1 reads. Comments?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
L

Lassitude

I wonder if it means all processes. I have dealt with this by considering the PFMEA. That is where I show CI is addressed. Of course, this assumes a 'robust' PFMEA which is 'living' and acted upon.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Prioritized Action Plan - Start by identifying major scrap items/categories/costs? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 5
D Prioritized reduction plan on scrap not being corrected by corrective action Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
P QS-9000 Clause 4.2.5 - Prioritized Action Plans Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 9
A Prioritized Reduction Plan & Kaizen IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Prioritized Reduction Plan - TS 16949 Clause 4.13.2.1 - Meeting this requirement? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
J Prioritized Reduction Plans - What is the intent of section 4.13.2.1? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
I Setting action completion dates Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
A Medical device Mode Of Action CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
D Corrective Action Timing - IATF CB Deadline IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R AS 9100D - Containment and Corrective action AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
P Customer Corrective Action Requests in OASIS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
C Corrective action for failure in documents control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
nadhar2 Classification of Action Items Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
C If it doesn't prevent a non-conformance, is it a preventive action? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
G Assignable cause/corrective action list for SPC Software Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
Q Tips for Action Requests on Communication and Leadership ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
S Can we provide training plan as corrective action for IATF 16949 Non conformity? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
P Corrective Action Response for Missed bumps on brake press Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
R Evaluating the need for preventive action Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
B Stakeholder Initiated Corrective and Preventive Action Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
B Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) A Key Process of the Quality Management System Dec 17... Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
I When exactly can a corrective action be closed? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
M Informational TGA – Australian regulatory action on breast implants and breast tissue expanders Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Medical Device Safety Action Plan: Protecting Patients, Promoting Public Health Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Juby Tan Action on Customer Replacement (Nonconforming Product - ISO 9001) Customer Complaints 2
qualprod Add new action plans in CA, while waiting effectiveness - Same problem reappears ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
M Informational The FDA Takes Action to Protect Patients from Risk of Certain Textured Breast Implants; Requests Allergan Voluntarily Recall Certain Breast Implants a Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
L What to do if a Corrective Action requires several extensions Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
qualprod Best criteria to measure Corrective Action effectiveness - Poor Maintenance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Ashok sunder Is it possible to reduce Risk likelihood and impact Post control Ranking after corrective action taken for risk? FMEA and Control Plans 1
E CAR (Corrective Action Report) with questionable Root Cause ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
B How to reply NCR on ineffectiveness of corrective action during IATF external audit? This is repeated issue whereby some mistake was done. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
C Detection Action for Failure Effects - AIAG 4th Edition Layout FMEA and Control Plans 5
I AS9100D Non-conformance for 10.2.1 b 2 and 10.2.1. b 3 e and f - Corrective Action AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
R Linking the Processes of Continual Improvement, Change Management, Risk Management, Action Planning, etc? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 5
M Informational TGA – Action Plan for Medical Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EC – Guide for referencing standards in public procurement in Europe (JIS Action 11) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
I Corrective Action Tracking for Product and Process in the same system? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Ashok sunder Is it possible to reduce FMEA Occurrence and Detection Ranking after corrective action taken for customer complaints? FMEA and Control Plans 6
S Health Canada's Action Plan on Medical Devices - 2019 milestones Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
G When preventative action is prohibited by cost in 8D problem solving Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 1
M Medical Device News Joint Action On Market Surveillance Of Medical Devices (JAMS) Releases Progress Update EU Medical Device Regulations 0
G When preventative action is prohibited by cost in 8D problem solving Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 8
R CIP (Corrective Action) requirements - ISO 9001 clause 10.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
E CAR (Corrective Action Request) Due Dates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
C ISO 7010 m002 mandatory action - Color requirements on Packaging IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
E Corrective Action or Customer Complaint ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
B Is a Topical Antiseptic a Physical Mode of Action? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Training in 8D Problem Solving as a Preventive Action? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
J If Corrective and Preventive Action were truly Effective IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3