CISPR 11 - Assessment of Conformity

B

b_malone

Hello All,

Need a little assistance... I have been reading CISPR 11 Clause 12 specifically around the sampling to determine 80/80 for serial manufactured devices.

Should Clause 12 be followed to ultimately determine conformity to the standard? I am assuming yes...

Has anyone performed the statistical analysis identified by CISPR 11? If so how did you go about doing it. I came across CISPR 16-4-3 that described in more detail on how to do it, just wondering if anyone has used that as well.

I appreciate any guidance anyone can provide.

thank you

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

b_malone

Hi Pads38 thanks for taking the time to respond. Yes I saw that response when I first started looking into this...it doesn't quite answer what I am looking for.

We defined our medical equipment manufacturing process as serial so we need to follow the statistical assessment identified by clause 12 to demonstrate that our manufacturing method will be able to produce equipment with 80% confidence that 80% of the equipment will comply with the limits (80/80).

The problem we are having is it isn't very clear on how the analysis should be done. CISPR 16-4-3 is a technical report that provides guidance on how to do statistical analysis...just wondering if others did the same

...does your test house ask about your manufacturing method? just asking because i am curious if they apply Clause 12 when it comes determining compliance

Pads38

Trusted Information Resource
In answer to your question - no our test house does not ask about our manufacturing methods.

Quite often we will put in "fixes" at the test house - things like added ferrites, extra earth bonding etc. - when that happens we work with the test house to make sure that the "fix" is something that is straightforward to implement in production.

So all our tests have been a single representative sample only.

There is another thread where this has been discussed here:
http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=67656

I believe that the situation is the same - all of the 60601 series are based on a type test of a representative sample of production.

I suppose that manufacturing variability is something that you may have to address in your risk management process.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N The formal definition of Domestic Environments in in CISPR 11 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
A Difference between CISPR 11 and BS EN 55011 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
E List of Complete EMC Test Requirements consisting of IEC, EN, Cispr, etc. General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
P Conformity assessment based on a quality management system or production quality assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 3
R Risk assessment on IT containers and the information they contain IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
B Threat/Vulnerability Catalogue for risk assessment IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
R FOD Risk Assessment - What tools would you recommend for assessing FOD risk? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M Canadian regulation gap assessment Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
T Formal Q Self Assessment - Problem with assigning Product and Process Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
dgrainger Informational MDCG 2020:13 - Clinical evaluation assessment report template EU Medical Device Regulations 0
F Internal Audit before Pre-Assessment ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
A Is there a better way to do a complete assessment of our QMS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
G Self Assessment Audit from a new potential customer General Auditing Discussions 3
H Pedicle screw system Conformity Assessment Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
Richard Regalado Automotive News TISAX - VDA ISA (information security assessment) VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 5
B Risk Assessment Checklist for Non product Software IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
H CQI-15 2nd Edition - Date of initial assessment? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S CQI-23 - Molding System Assessment - Control of part weight IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Judy Abbott Can any one help me with an urgent BIOCOMPATIBILITY Impact assessment? Internal Auditing 9
J RAMS and LCC assessment per ISO/TS 22163 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
C FMEA Process assessment In the Draft for the AIAG/VDA FMEA Manual is gone FMEA and Control Plans 0
M Informational EU – MDCG 2019-12 Designating authority’s final assessment form: Key Information Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Validation of existing equipment - I have been asked to write a quality assessment for equipment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
M Informational US FDA – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Accreditation Scheme for Conformity Assessment (ASCA) Pilot Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational USFDADraft Guidance – Accreditation Scheme for Conformity Assessment (ASCA) Pilot Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Final guidance – GUIDELINES on the benefit-risk assessment of the presence of phthalates in certain medical devices covering phthalates which are carc Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational IMDRF draft document – Requirements for Regulatory Authority Recognition of Conformity Assessment Bodies Conducting Medical Device Regulatory Reviews Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational MHRA guidance updated to reflect the mDR – Clinical investigations of medical devices – Biological safety assessment Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
D Risk Assessment Procedure in accordance with ISO 17025:2017 ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
S Conformity Assessment Route question for Class IIa medical device under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Informational TGA – Guidance on Therapeutic Goods (Conformity Assessment Standard for Quality Management Systems) Order 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – 12th Meeting of the Working Group on Guidelines on benefit – risk assessment of Phthalates in Medical Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Doing both a top-down and a bottom-up risk assessment - How to combine ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
V Sequence of performing risk assessment: User_FMEA (User Errors) vs Design Inputs FMEA and Control Plans 1
Z CQI-15 Welding System Assessment - Robotic Ultrasonic Foam onto Plastic "Weld" applicable? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
chris1price Cleanroom Monitoring Plan - ISO14644-2:2015 - Risk Assessment Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
M Informational USFDA draft guidance – Technical Performance Assessment of Quantitative Imaging in Device Premarket Submissions Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational USFDA draft guidance – Technical Considerations for Non- Clinical Assessment of Medical Devices containing Nitinol Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
K ISO 9001 Requirements for Raw Material Supplier Assessment and Approval ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
T IEC 60601-1 - Risk assessment to determine the liquid - 11.6.3 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
P Looking for Risk Assessment Template - Not necessarily Asset based IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
S Can anybody share a sample risk assessment prepared based on ISO 17025:2017? ISO 17025 related Discussions 15
M Informational EU – SCHEER – Minutes of the Working Group meeting on guidelines on the benefit-risk assessment of the presence of phthalates in certain medical devic Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
M Informational EU Review and assessment of market surveillance activities 2014-2016 – Medical devices sector Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
B CQI-15 Welding System Assessment - Required for all of the welding processes we have? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
A API Q1 9th ed Addendum 2 - Vendor Assessment for critical products Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 16
M FDA News USFDA Final Report – MDUFA IV Independent Assessment of FDA’s Device Review Process Management Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News TGA – Regulator Performance Framework: Self-assessment Report, July 2017 to June 2018 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
chris1price MDR Conformity Assessment for a Class 2a device - Production Quality Assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 2