Cl. 4.2.2 - Quality Manual includes a description of the interaction between the ...

V

virajs

Dear Friends

Refer to Clause 4.2.2 of the ISO 9001:2000, it was stated that Quality Manual includes 'a description of the interaction between the processes of the quality management system'.

Kindly explain how and what details should be included in the Quality Manual?

thx for your usual coorperation

rgds
viraj

B

brahmaiah

Re: Cl. 4.2.2 - Quality Manual includes a description of the interaction between the

Dear Friends

Refer to Clause 4.2.2 of the ISO 9001:2000, it was stated that Quality Manual includes 'a description of the interaction between the processes of the quality management system'.

rgds
viraj
Here is an example illustrating 'INTERACTION OF PROCESSES'
V.J.Brahmaiah

Attachments

• interaction.doc
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,005

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Cl. 4.2.2 - Quality Manual includes a description of the interaction between the

Here is an example illustrating 'INTERACTION OF PROCESSES'
V.J.Brahmaiah

Please be aware that examples may not be fully compliant to a standard like ISO 9001. This example doesn't include anything regarding document or records controls, neither are internal audits shown as a process interaction - although equally vital and an input to Management review (which is shown)

B

brahmaiah

Please be aware that examples may not be fully compliant to a standard like ISO 9001. This example doesn't include anything regarding document or records controls, neither are internal audits shown as a process interaction - although equally vital and an input to Management review (which is shown)
Thank you for your comments.
I will improvise the the chart by including the ommissions pointed out by you.
(The ISO 9001 Standard has not specified any format for any document whatsoever.)

V.J.Brahmaiah

Last edited by a moderator:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

The ISO 9001 Standard has not specified any format for any document whatsoever.

V.J.Brahmaiah

I think you misunderstood. Andy pointed out what's missing in the example, it is not a comment about its format.

Stijloor.

I

ISO 9001 Guy

ISO/TC 176/SC 2/N 544R3, 5.1.4 ISO 9000 Introduction and Support Package:
Guidance on the Concept and Use of the Process Approach for management systems (October 2008):
*"Methods and tools such as block diagrams, matrix and flowcharts can be used to support the development of process sequences and their interactions."

Block diagrams are useful, as they help to illustrate processes at a manageable level. In a contract manufacturing organization, these blocks might be, appearing in general order of sequence: Sales, Purchasing, Receiving, Manufacturing, and Shipping. Of course, these are primary or realization processes. These processes are sequential. Support processes might be represented also as blocks, but these are not sequential processes, they are parallel processes. So, they might be depicted in a variety of ways, but the best ways show how they relate to the primary processes somehow. (Support processes in a contract manufacturing organization typically include: Document and Record Control, Calibration, Training, Internal Audits, Corrective and Preventive Action, and Management Review.)
A block diagram is not required, however. In fact, the above description could be modified slightly to BE the language that adequately describes the sequence and interaction of QMS processes in your quality manual.

The first attached diagram is kind of a busy example, but it says a lot about sequence and interaction of QMS processes. The second one is much simpler.

Attachments

• QMS example overview.pdf
    58.8 KB · Views: 693
  • simple seq and int.pdf
    22.3 KB · Views: 504
Last edited by a moderator:
B

brahmaiah

I think you misunderstood. Andy pointed out what's missing in the example, it is not a comment about its format.

Stijloor.
Yes I misunderstood Andy.I have re-edited my comments accordingly.
V.J.Brahmaiah

D

DrM2u

Dear Friends

rgds
viraj
Here is another sample of a quality manual, this one in particular for a small distributor. I have implemented this format with all my clients and the model has been audited by various auditors for a few CB's. Initially they raise their eyebrows then have no choice but to accept it.:lmao: The manual has a clear scope and exclusions, references the required procedures, identifies all the processes and describes their interractions. It even has the quality policy incorporated in it, just for kicks. Some clients have used the empty 'page' to list industried they are serving, customer names and/or pictures of equipment and products.

The manual was created using MS Publisher and the chart using Viso, then is translated to PDF for electronic distribution within organizations. Copies have been posted as links on web pages (for curious customers) and it has been printed as a flyer (two-sided printed and tri-folded) for hand-outs at trade shows, meetings, etc. This is my version of a 'one-sheet-of-paper' quality manual for your consideration.:magic:

Attachments

• Sample Quality Manual.pdf
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,444

AndyN

Moved On

Hmmm, looks like something posted here a while ago.....:notme:

Top Bottom