Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Claiming exemptions (N/A) in AS9100D - what is the methodology and location?

Lucky me ... just began with a new outfit that recently transitioned from 9001:2008 to AS9100D.

I'm informed that this make-to-order outfit does not do design, but I don't see any such statement on the certificate.

It's implied in the the scope which only states " Manufacture of blah blah and blah ", and I just heard it stated that the exemption " is on OASIS ", but I'm not feeling it yet.

Any counsel appreciated :(

Pjservan

Involved In Discussions
Approved exceptions, now called exclusions, will be listed in Oasis:
1544039081828.png

More importantly it should be captured in somewhere in your QMS with proper justification. Most commonly in the Quality Manual.

Al Rosen

Staff member
Super Moderator
Lucky me ... just began with a new outfit that recently transitioned from 9001:2008 to AS9100D.

I'm informed that this make-to-order outfit does not do design, but I don't see any such statement on the certificate.

It's implied in the the scope which only states " Manufacture of blah blah and blah ", and I just heard it stated that the exemption " is on OASIS ", but I'm not feeling it yet.

Any counsel appreciated :(
What you need to do is described as part of 4.3 in the standard.

The scope shall state the types of products and services covered, and provide justification for any requirement of this International Standard that the organization determines is not applicable to the scope of its quality management system.

We just had a 1st stage - auditor was happy with this statement under 4.3

"Non-applicable items under to AS9100D / EN ISO 9001:2015 -
No design or calibration (AS9100D / EN ISO 9001:2015 Requirement 8.3 - Design and Development of Products and Services and 7.1.5.2 – Measurement Traceability Process) are carried out as part of the company processes and is therefore not applicable to the QMS"

Al Rosen

Staff member
Super Moderator
We just had a 1st stage - auditor was happy with this statement under 4.3

"Non-applicable items under to AS9100D / EN ISO 9001:2015 -
No design or calibration (AS9100D / EN ISO 9001:2015 Requirement 8.3 - Design and Development of Products and Services and 7.1.5.2 – Measurement Traceability Process) are carried out as part of the company processes and is therefore not applicable to the QMS"
What do you mean by "are carried out as part of the company processes"? If they are part of the company processes, how are they not applicable to the QMS?

Al Rosen

Staff member
Super Moderator
It is
"No design or calibration ... are carried out as part of the company processes"
I can understand that no design is carried out as part of the company processes, but why no calibration? Is it that no measurement of product is carried out and therefore calibration is not applicable?

Top Bottom