Class I MDR Article 10 – QMS

Sue789

Involved In Discussions
I am working with a small Charity in the UK producing one Medical Device and have a couple of questions for MDR Article 10 Section 9. The Charity have no plans to be audited to ISO 13485.
(c) Responsibility of Management – do I need to cover the whole of ISO 13485 Clause 5?​
(d) Resources - do I need to cover the whole of ISO 13485 Clause 6 or is sections on Provision and Human Resources (6.1 & 6.2) sufficient or less?​
I am used to writing QMS systems but not streamlining for Class I devices and being a charity what is the minimum I could get away with for the requirements of Responsibility of Management and Resources (I am ok with the control of suppliers/sub-contractors)?

Thanks in advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

shimonv

Trusted Information Resource
Hi Sue,
As you probably know, the implementation of MDR has been postponed to May 2021. This will give extra time to build a skinny QMS.
You don't have to implement ISO 13485 but it's the state of the art, so this is your benchmark.
With regards to Management Responsibility, most of the staff is implemented in the Quality Manual, with the exception of management review. As for management review you can do the bare minimum, and in one annual session.
With regards to resources, again ISO 13485 is your benchmark. I assume the headcount is minimal and the same goes for qualifications. You would need to look at some other SOPs and strip down what you can.

Shimon

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S How is the service life for class I reusable medical devices described in MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
S How is the service life described for class I reusable medical devices in MDR? Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
J Intervertebral body fusion cage, MDR Class II or Class III? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Z MDR Class Ir deadline (Reusable surgical instruments) EU Medical Device Regulations 27
K Class III Kit Box - Are translations mandatory under EU MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
dinaroxentool Former Class I device that is upscaled to IIa if the MDR is delayed EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K EIFU indicator symbol - Class I labels as per EU MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 3
U Do we need clinical trial data for Class IIa medical device under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 7
rob73 MDCG guidance on class 1 devices and MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
N Technical file requirements class 1 device MDR Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
T Rumours that class 1 NS, NM, NR devices will have a new deadline for MDR compliance EU Medical Device Regulations 3
B EU MDR Quality System Requirements - Applicable to Class I? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
D Applicable MDR Annex's for Class IIa Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S Conformity Assessment Route question for Class IIa medical device under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 3
F Class I Device under MDD, reclassified to Class II under MDR Other Medical Device Related Standards 5
Q MDR Effectivity date for Legacy Class I Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 5
F MDR ISO 13485 for Class I sw/hw company to be class II due dates ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
chris1price MDR Conformity Assessment for a Class 2a device - Production Quality Assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S Clinical evaluation for a class IIa medical device - EU MDR Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 3
J MDR 2020 for Class 1 Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 8
W CE Mark for Class III Medical Device - MDR or MDD applies? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 10
D Technical file structure/content requirements for Class IIa devices & new MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 14
C Sampling of Class IIb Implantables under EU MDR - Assessments to the EU MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A Class I (exempt) testing requirements Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
Z Class I marketing regulation and supply chain Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S We are looking for EU authorised Representative for both Class I and Class IIb devices EU Medical Device Regulations 5
R Class 1 Convenience kits for home teeth impression, NOT smile direct or other for alignment purposes Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
J Confusing on Harmonic Emissions/Voltage Fluctuations/Flicker test for CISPR 11 Class A Equipment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
T Do I need a qualified compiler for class B software? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
R Nanomaterials used as coating on class I MD - rule 19 EU Medical Device Regulations 4
D Amendment Class II - Please confirm if the submission is by email (Canada) - Help Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
D Class IIB Medical Device Accessories - OTS Tablets Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
K Doubt on insulation class of a device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
D Where to find Guidance Class II Amendment Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
A First CE-mark class III implantable device under MDD EU Medical Device Regulations 8
P ISO Class 8 particle count (annual certification vs monitoring) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
I IVD - 98/79EC - class IIa - Annex to the EC from the NB states the CM as one of the facilities? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
D Adding a Class I to a sample box Canada Medical Device Regulations 5
T Class A PRTD beyond 300°C General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
F How to register class I device to all European Competent Autorities(CA) when we are European manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
K Sterile barrier system symbols - Label redlines for a Class III device (Kit Box) EU Medical Device Regulations 0
D Class 3 Device - Change of supplier of material Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
A FDA Class Classification for a cabinet 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
W Protective earth for Class I ME equipment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
Edward Reesor FDA DM and /or Class I Life Saving US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
A Interpretation of GMP Requirements for class 1 medical device manufacturer (device GMP exempt, only General controls applicable) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
F UDI - Unit of Use and Class I, single-use devices EU Medical Device Regulations 4
H MDD Article 12 Labeling for Class IIa Medical Device - Please Advise EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A AQL - How to count samples with defects for each defect class AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 17
R IVDR CE Mark for Class A products - Declaration of Conformity CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2