Cleaning of Seat Covers under EASA Part 145

P

Pistonbroke

Hi.

I have a customer asking for us to clean seat covers for them, but would like them released under EASA part 145.

In order to do this, I am assuming that we'd need the Design Data (possibly the CMM) and might be required to carry out burns testing in accordance with CS.25.853 to ensure that the cleaning has not deteriorated the materials burn resistance.

Is there anything I am missing?

Our Part 145 approval covers us to "maintain product, parts and applicances ...... and issue related certificates of release to service for" (amongst other things) C6 Rating (Equipment)

Any response would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Piston.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Another quick "Bump" in case someone can help with this one. My Thanks in advance!

A

Angelika

Hi.

I have a customer asking for us to clean seat covers for them, but would like them released under EASA part 145.

In order to do this, I am assuming that we'd need the Design Data (possibly the CMM) and might be required to carry out burns testing in accordance with CS.25.853 to ensure that the cleaning has not deteriorated the materials burn resistance.

Is there anything I am missing?

Our Part 145 approval covers us to "maintain product, parts and applicances ...... and issue related certificates of release to service for" (amongst other things) C6 Rating (Equipment)

Any response would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Piston.

Hi Piston,

Your approval i.a.w. Part 145, C6 Rating is o.k. for cleaning seat covers. Another important requirement, however, is the availability of the approved maintenance data. If seat cleaning is not described in any of the approved maintenance data (CMM/maintenance manual ...), you require the approved data i.a.w. Part 21 (for seat covers to be installed in aircraft registered within the EU, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein - for any other registrations, please check the required rules with the operator).

Burn testing is not part of the responsibility of the Part 145 Organisation, it is part of the tasks to be fulfilled i.a.w. Part 21.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angelika

Top Bottom