Clinical trials - Generic "parent" procedure vs. study-specific "child" versions

N

ngoodall

Hello,
This is my first post -- I have found a lot of great information on this site.

I am in the process of formalizing our procedures and was wondering whether someone has a suggestion about how to handle "parent"/"child" procedures, forms, etc. We are involved in clinical trials and work with a number of sponsors, who obviously mustn't see information and procedures related to other sponsors. I have our more general procedures covered, and am now getting into documenting more specific procedures that vary from study to study and sponsor to sponsor. I feel what we need to do is create a "parent" document that is vaguely written, or with placeholders like [SPONSOR] or [STUDY], etc., and have that approved via the usual methods. Once that has been approved, I was thinking about modifying that for each applicable study, as the general procedures would be the same. The information that would change from document to document would be sponsor name, study name, shared drive folder locations and names, etc., and the "child" documents would be kept with study-specific documentation.

Does anyone have a suggestion about how to handle this? Are there better descriptors than "parent" and "child"? Would each "child" document need to be approved as well? We are a small group and I want to do this as efficiently and sensibly as possible, without being accused of overcomplicating things!!

Thanks so much!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Classification of product for clinical trials EU Medical Device Regulations 14
R Do Medical Device Complaints include Clinical Trials? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
K Does company who manufacture but does not design or carry out clinical trials is responsible for CE marking for single use medical devices? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
K Comparator drug with Japanese label use in Clinical trials? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
J Custom-made implants (Class IIb) and pre-commercialization clinical trials in Spain EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Marc European universities dismal at reporting results of clinical trials - 2019 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M What is required to run human clinical trials in France EU Medical Device Regulations 9
M Informational Microsoft Built a Bot to Match Patients to Clinical Trials Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Pharmaceuticals News UK – Further guidance note on the regulation of medicines, medical devices and clinical trials if there’s no Brexit deal Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News CDRH Research Programs – VICTRE: Virtual Imaging Clinical Trials for Regulatory Evaluation Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
F China Clinical Trials Requirements Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
I Moving into Clinical Trials and need to find GMP Suppliers 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
I FDA Class II Medical Device Clinical Trials and and FDA IDE Requirements US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
L EU Class IIa Clinical Trials - Quality Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 3
N How to interpret the definition of clinical and preclinical trials? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
E Number of medical device clinical trials has reduced by 20% in Korea Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
S Could Phase III Clinical Trials be taken without Phase I and II ? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
E Software Validation - Clinical Trials US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
A CFDA - List of Class II Medical Devices exempt from Clinical Trials China Medical Device Regulations 2
S Understanding FDA rules regarding MDDS Status and Clinical Trials 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
bio_subbu CDSCO-India: Draft Guideline to Calculate Compensation for Victims of Clinical Trials Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
B Separate Clinical Trials in the US and the EU - When one fails - question US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
shimonv When do you have to do Clinical Trials for 510(K) submisson? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
A Software for Clinical Trials Management EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L Does Health Canada accept the results of Clinical Trials conducted in the U.S.? Canada Medical Device Regulations 5
B US Clinical Trials Requirements for New Devices? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
P Complaints & CAPA's (Corrective Action Preventive Action) for Clinical Trials ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
N Details of Clinical Trials of Medical Devices in China ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
T Requirements for Clinical Trials worldwide ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
K Clinical Trials of Medical Devices in China - Ethics Commision ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
T Application of ISO 14155 Clinical Trials Investigations EU Medical Device Regulations 5
L Class 2b USB enabled diagnostic devices...Clinical trials ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
C Medical Device: QSR and Clinical Trials and Design Controls ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
B Medical Device Directive 93/42 EEC - Clinical Trials - Because the auditor says so? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 18
4 Clinical Trials in Europe - What is the "competent authority" in Italy? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
E ISO 13485 in Clinical Trial conduct: Applicable or No ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
L Clinical Trial and Finished Devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
shimonv Clinical evaluation report for class I device EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A Clinical assessment sample size - Medical device Class IIb implantable (93/42 directive) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
P GSPRs / Clinical Evaluation EU Medical Device Regulations 3
P IDEs and Clinical Investigators - Advice About Records? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
N Is there a need for clinical test of Class IIa products (for MDR)? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
silentmonkey Overall Benefit/Risk Analysis - Risk Management VS Clinical Evaluation ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
Q Summative Usability Evaluation Testing: prior or during Clinical Investigation? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 6
P Clinical Trial Requirement - No equivalent devices in the market CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
M Clinical Decision Support Software Question 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S Regular updates of clinical evaluation report EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Clinical Benefit of device that only aids in a process for managing or treating disease EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R Clinical accuracy and repeatability of IR(infrared) thermometer, no maximum error criteria is recommended in ISO Other Medical Device Related Standards 11
C EU MDR - Annex II 6.1 Pre-clinical and clinical data EU Medical Device Regulations 4