Closing of a Non Conformance

M

mohammedrenu

Dear Elsmar Member's

I need your help to write proper investigation, root causes and corrective action against sample non conformance and this issue was repeated by one of our major customer to give proper investigation and root causes to close NC.

Sample Non Conformance
"The organization does not have a formalized and documented process to collect and analyze defects data, no evidence of any statistics at the moment"

Please give ur suggestion to write

Investigation

Root Causes

Corrective & Preventive Action

BR

J

Julie O

Re: Request - Closing of Non Conformance

I think you are unlikely to get the help you need in the Cove's final hours. If you go to my profile, you will find a link to my website, and there you will find my email address. Feel free to contact me directly and I'll see what I can do to help.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator

let's start with the basics: you really need to tell us why you aren't collecting data on defects and why you aren't using statistics...

do you have defects?

M

mohammedrenu

Yes few defects was there, but no documentation

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator

Yes few defects was there, but no documentation

mohammedrenu,

You may find the employees are fearful of reporting nonconformity.

This may be due to a blame culture where management does not know it is responsible to provide a management system that actually helps employees to understand and fulfill requirements.

Or people in authority show a lack of care for requirements or a lack of care for customers or a lack of care for employees.

Leaders step up and make it clear to everyone that all nonconformity is their responsibility. They take the blame for not providing an effective management system.

Then you can make some progress.

John

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator

Can you provide more details? It is impossible to provide a useful response unless we understand the situation...for example, some of the (many) questions I would have are:

where are you finding defects - in-process measurements, final QC, customer returns? How do you know there are defects? is there any recording of the occurrence of defects? or are they just reworked/scrapped without recording?

if you do not require recording of defects, why not? did someone think it wasn't helpful or necessary?
why don't you analyze them with statistics? do you analyze them in any manner?

what is the specific requirement for recording defects and analyzing them?

Top Bottom