Cmk - What is the difference between an R&R study and Cmk?

K

Kimkolora Pen

hello every one,

i am an enginnering student , i want to know what is the Cmk, and wht is the difference between the R&R study and the Cmk? because i am doing my report for my school, i am completely lost.

Thanks in advance
Regards, kim

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I am not a guru, but Cmk is machine capability, Cpk is process capability. Can't tell you what all the formulas are (at least not without digging through a bunch of old paperwork), but that is how the differences were explained to me.

R

Rick Goodson

Kim,

I am not familiar with the term 'Cmk'? Where did you see this term and how was it used? Could it possible have been 'Cpk'? If so, I can help explain the relationship of Cpk and R&R Studies.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Calibration or Verification -> Cm and Cmk, etc. Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
M How is the Cmk and Cpk calculated? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
G Function in french called "numbre de posage(s)" - CMK Question Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
K Excel Spreadsheet Template to calculate Cmk (Machine Capability) wanted Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
Q Machine Capability Study - Cpk (Cmk) of an R/F testing machine Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
L Fastening Process Cmk study - Bolt Torque Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
L Multi-fixtures in one CNC lathe - How to do Cmk study? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
F MCA calculation - problem with Cm Cmk and boundaries Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
M Cmk (Machine Capability) - Case study Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
C Gauge R&R Studies Bad, but Process has a Cmk of over 7 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
S A question about Cpk and Cmk - Can we use Cpk to replace Cmk? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
V Machine short term capability study with Cmk index in automotive industry Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3
Q Confused about the machine capability index Cmk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
D Tool Approval Process - Should we be using Cmk for tool validation Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
A Acceptance criteria for Cmk (machine capability index) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
H Some questions about Cmk and Cpk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
B I am confused, which Cmk value should I take and use? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
M How to Conduct a Machine Capability (Cmk) Study Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 26
C Evaluating software that measures Ppk, Cmk, Cpk, PPI, etc. Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
S Cmk and Cpk - When will we need to calculate Cmk? Machine Capability Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
A Cpk, Cmk in Electronic Assembly (Process Capabiity) Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
S Cmk is defined as a Capability Index for a Stable Machine Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 8
B Any ideas on setting up Capability Study spreadsheet in Excel? (CPK/CMK formulae) Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 4
D Can anyone enlighten me as to what exactly Cm / Cmk are? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
M Cmk calculation - Small plastic parts using injection-moulding machine Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
A What is the difference between Design Process, Process Design and Design Control? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
Y Labeling difference for storage and operating conditions EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R What's the major difference between Green Belt and Black Belt in term of training and project Six Sigma 3
T Difference between a subcontractor and a supplier ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
H Difference between Stainless Steel 316 ASTM F899 and ASTM A276 Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
A Exact terms for a plating failure and difference between rejection rate and failure rate Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
M Difference between MSA and MSE? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
gramps What is the difference between discrete and continuous variables? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
JoCam Difference between Approval and Registration - ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S Difference between EU-MDR Annex IX and the Annex-combo X&XI EU Medical Device Regulations 2
T ISO 17025:2017 Clause 4.2.2 - The difference between "be notified" and "be informed" ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
Nicole Desouza The Difference of being AS 9100D Compliant vs.Certified AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
Jimmy123 What is the difference between Error Proofing and Controls? ISO/IATF 16949 - Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 16
C IEC 60601-1-8, difference between table 4 and annex D IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
A What is the difference between Basic UDI-DI and UDI-DI? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
Q What is the difference between AS9100D 9.3.2.f and 9.3.3.a AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
M Aluminum - What is the difference between 6061-T6 and 6061-T651 (both per ASTM B211)? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
R The difference b/w FMEA & Risk analysis as per iso 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
P What is the exact difference between Risk and Opportunity in context of ISO 27001? IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
S Difference between Surface Finish (Ra) and Flatness (GD&T) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
O Air Flow - Which is the operational difference between LAF (vertical and horizontal) and RLAF? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S What the difference is between Stub Acme & Acme thread? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
S DO 178B - What is the difference between review and verification? Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 1
T The difference between SOP and Kaizen Standardization Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
K Difference between intended purpose and intended use of the device EU Medical Device Regulations 9