CMM Calibration Certification - Small CMM Calibration Service

Q

qts4u

cmm calibration certification

I have a small cmm calibration service and more and more companies are asking me about ISO compliance ISO 9000, IEC guide 25 and A2LA. My equipment is calibrated yearly by ISO 9000 calibration lab and I am tracable to NIST. My certification reports have always passed the auditors inspection so do I need to actually be audited by an inspector or be acredited by a certified lab.I do have a calibration procedure written and is given to each customer with there certification of calibration of their cmm.any help understanding this would be most helpfull.
Thanks
Jack

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
My first question is how many people in your company? Although I contract with folks from time to time my company is only me so it would be somewhat interesting for me to try to register. But if you have employees registration makes sense.

Companies are wanting you to register your company systems (ISO9000) and the rest are ones they want you to comply with as they relate to your specific business. Your questions told us your outputs. Registration to ISO9000 requires some internal systems (the HOWs and whats).

Have your read the 25 guide?

Q

qts4u

Hello Marc,
To answer your question Im the only person in my company and no havent seen the 25 guide Im going to try and find it tonight and read through it
Thanks
Jack

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Do a search here in the forum message base for 25 or guide 25 or similar. There is a link in the message base here to the guide.

You will have an interesting time registering a one-man-band to ISO, however I suppose it's possible. I personally have never seen it done.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
my smallest company was 2 people....it can be done...actually its a challenge, but fun.

but why not look into self certification..guide 25 is a "guide" after all...but if you do register ...do ISO9002, with guide 25 in your scope. that will cover all requirements including QS clients.
A2lA is outrageously expensive I undersdtand.

I do 2nd party guide 25 audits all the time..its a guide to the 9000 standard similar to the what TE is for Qs and tooling/equip guys. It runs close to 9002, and explains how to meet it like 9004 does. get youself a copy....here in the pdf zone is a A2lA copy with notes..start there. YA gotta know what you are talking about when you start asking consultants or registrars the questions you need answered to make your decisions.

good luck

bb

C

Christian Lupo

I recently performed a QS-9000 certification on a company that had all its IM&TE calibrated by a "one man band" compnay. QS-9000 4.10.7 requires that subcontracted laboratories by accredited (ISO Guide 25, or A2LA). I didnt want this one man band to lose the business, but how could I satisfy the requirement of 4.10.7? I personnaly know of (recent) incidents where QS-9000 auditors "missed" something in a certification audit, and was later brought under scrutiny by the Big 3! (A rep from the b3 audited the company after QS certification) So how could I protect my rep. while letting this company use a "one man band" that was not accredited? What gives me the right to take away this man's biggest contract? Ok enough with the moral dilemma, I eventually wrote the company up for not having procedures to calibrate their equipment, and not having the proper environment to perform calibrations. All calibrations were done on-site and with NIST traceable equipment. Basically the "one man band" became a "pseudo-employee" and therefore it was up to the company to ensure that the calibrations were performed and documented in compliance with QS-9000. The one man band kept his contract, the company was happy to accomodate the 2 non-conformances, and I protected my rep. as an auditor. I hope this helps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L In house calibration - Our CMM's are outside certified can I use them to certify our standards General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
J Manual Vision CMM Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
K "Verification of Calibration" - CMM arm General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
S Micrometer Calibration Using a CMM Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 12
J CMM calibration using a perfect sphere that is supplied Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
B Can I use a Laboratory CMM for Gauge Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
B CMM Stylus Calibration - Required to record the As Found condition AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
Z CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) Calibration Interval (Frequency) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
R CMM Rotary Axis Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Calibration of a portable FARO gage portable CMM # F04L2 gauge General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
R CMM Calibration Frequency - Bendix manual Coordinate Measuring Machine Calibration Frequency (Interval) 5
L CMM - Calibration Frequency and Variation Calibration Frequency (Interval) 3
D Calibration Frequency of CMM as per ISO/IEC 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 11
M CMM (coordinate measuring machine) calibration recommendations General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 15
P Are we required to register to REACH? Small CMM service and calibration company RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
Ajit Basrur Reduction of calibration frequency for CMM (coordinate measuring machine) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
M Calibration of ring gages with a CMM General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
J Can I use the CMM after the Calibration has expired? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 18
V "Calibration" or "Validation with CMM machine" General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
K Calibration Frequency of a CMM Machine (Coordinate Measuring Machine) Calibration Frequency (Interval) 1
J Large CMM Calibration - Tetronom or Giant Ball Bar General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
B Calibration of "Z" class ring gauges internally using a CMM General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
K CMM Qualifying Sphere Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
B Calibration Data Packages - CMM - Any way around "As found data?" General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 17
G Gage Calibration - Using a CMM and Gage Blocks for In-House Calibration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
L Understanding Calibration Results on CMM Reports Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
L Understanding calibration results on CMM reports General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
K Dimensional Lab (CMM Room) vs. Physical Test/Calibration Lab - Same required temp/hum General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
A Cg, Cgk and GRR of a CMM Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
Marco Bernardi MMC & LMC modifiers and CMM measuring techinques like diameter least squares and circularity or minimum/maximim diameter. Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 2
J CMM Programmer position - Baltimore Maryland Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
M Honeywell CMM's - Why Honeywell will no longer sell their manuals Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 2
Marco Bernardi Plane measurement with a 3D touch machine like a CMM. Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
Marco Bernardi Diameters measurement with 3D touch machine like a CMM Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 4
Emran.mi Measurement system analysis - Can you help me about implementation MSA for CMM device Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
A Gage type 1 study on CMM Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
V Recording CMM dimensional results on CFG-1003 APQP and PPAP 3
G Measuring customer parts on a CMM - How many decimals to report to the customer? ISO 17025 related Discussions 28
J CMM Accuracy Formula General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D CMM Room cleanliness requirements ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
P IATF 16949 MSA Studies for CMM machines IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
D Can a Mill be used as a CMM? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
Ron Rompen Best Practices in CMM Correlation Studies General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
B Zeiss CMM Calypso output to Excel or CSV file Help Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 17
J CMM Probe Certification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
S Opinions on the "Best" CMM for High Accuracy Machining General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
P Getting ready for Boeing's AC7130 requirement for suppliers using a CMM AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
J CMM Uncertainty Calculation Question - Deviations Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 9
P CMM Equipment Validation and Qualification Approach ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
J Outsourced CMM Measurement Inspection Service and ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 14