CMM Measuring Instruction - Example needed for translation purpose

Z

zeleki?d?n

Hi all,

i'm new here. I'm translating some measuring instruction for CMM now. I was searching for an examlpe instrucion on the internet because of the language, expression to use, but I did not find. Could anybody send me one? It would be a really big help for me.
Sorry, if this thread would have been written elsewhere.
Thanks in advance for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
P

prototyper

What software are you using?
Is your machine manual or CNC?
Do you use fixtures to hold the parts?
Do you use probe changers?
What type of parts are you measuring?
Will you be supplying your partner with CMM programmes?

T

True Position

In my experience, CMM Programming isn't given very detailed work instructions. It is considered a skilled trade, not a production process.

Running a program on a CMM can have some fairly simple work instructions written, but they will be unique to your software, fixturing, and CMM. I am sure your programmer can help you come up with them if you have a CMM. If you do not have one, why are you writing instructions for your customer/supplier's CMM?

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
In my experience, CMM Programming isn't given very detailed work instructions. It is considered a skilled trade, not a production process.

Running a program on a CMM can have some fairly simple work instructions written, but they will be unique to your software, fixturing, and CMM. I am sure your programmer can help you come up with them if you have a CMM. If you do not have one, why are you writing instructions for your customer/supplier's CMM?
Don't these things come with a user's manual?

Stijloor.

T

True Position

Yes, but that is a bit different from a 'work instruction' on how to measure a particular part. It may tell you how to measure a generic circle, but dealing with the clearance planes leading into and out of the feature and such is up to the person who wrote the program as well as the more fundamental topic of interpreting the drawing in the first place. Also, every current CMM manufacturer offers training classes in their machines and software as well.

Z

zeleki?d?n

All plant has to use the same CMM witch is mitutoyo CNC, with approximately the same stylus, fixing equipments, changing system and so on. We’re thinking up how the parts should be measured and sending to the other partners. So we can compare the measuring results, too.

What software are you using? à Mitutoyo Mcosmos v3
à CNC, Euro C 776
àyes, there’s an clamping system
à yes, the rack has 6 stylus
à seals
à now, we wont. That’s because we need write down how they have to measure the same parts.

T

True Position

All plant has to use the same CMM witch is mitutoyo CNC, with approximately thesame stylus, fixing equipments, changing system and so on. We’re thinking up how the parts should be measured and sending to the other partners. So we can compare the measuring results, too.

What software are you using? à Mitutoyo Mcosmos v3
à CNC, Euro C 776
àyes, there’s an clamping system
à yes, the rack has 6 stylus
à seals
à now, we wont. That’s because we need write down how they have to measure the same parts.
If you already have your own CMM and presumably a programmer for it, he would be the person to ask on how to measure your own parts. I would keep your requirements fairly vague. A list of recommended/required practices vs a 'work instruction'. An estimate as to number of points taken on each feature type, an even distribution of probing points, rough estimate of stylii to use based on what you use(4mm ruby sphere, no disc probes, etc), if you are dealing with soft seals instructions on clamping is very important as well. If you are not going to provide them with programs, they will need to hire someone capable of writing them.

Z

zeleki?d?n

I can make the programs, it doesn’t mean problem. I would have liked to get a sort of formular or something else to know the expression and the used language what help me by the translation. The people who will get this are trained, too. Probably it isn’t named work instruction just “how to measure”. I don’t know.

If you already have your own CMM and presumably a programmer for it, he would be the person to ask on how to measure your own parts. I would keep your requirements fairly vague. A list of recommended/required practices vs a 'work instruction'. An estimate as to number of points taken on each feature type, an even distribution of probing points, rough estimate of stylii to use based on what you use(4mm ruby sphere, no disc probes, etc), if you are dealing with soft seals instructions on clamping is very important as well. If you are not going to provide them with programs, they will need to hire someone capable of writing them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cnbrosa Study Type 1 on a CMM using a measuring support Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
Marco Bernardi MMC & LMC modifiers and CMM measuring techniques like diameter least squares and circularity or minimum/ maximum diameter Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 5
G Measuring customer parts on a CMM - How many decimals to report to the customer? ISO 17025 related Discussions 28
M Translating and Rotating Rules when programming or measuring with a CMM Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
V CMM plane construction method types and accuracy differences for measuring Pos Tol Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
S Does a CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) require Gage R & R study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
Z Which CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) to buy? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
J International standards or guideline for the use of CMM (Cordinate measuring machine) Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
S GR&R (Gage R&R) on a CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 17
D CMM vs. Measuring Arm for both Large and Small Items Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 26
G Effects of CMM Probe Tip Ball Size measuring a Round Part OD - CMM Help Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 18
Z CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) Calibration Interval (Frequency) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
B Attribute GR&R (Gage R&R) using a CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine)? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
R CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) Comparison/Verification Question Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
K Should CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) programs be controlled? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 14
R CMM Calibration Frequency - Bendix manual Coordinate Measuring Machine Calibration Frequency (Interval) 5
H Measuring Diameters in Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
R Inspection of Diameters on a CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
O Determining Uncertainty Measurement of Co-ordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 6
K CMM Filter Settings - Measuring perpendicularity and concentricity Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
M CMM (coordinate measuring machine) calibration recommendations General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 15
Ajit Basrur Reduction of calibration frequency for CMM (coordinate measuring machine) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
J Has anyone ever been harmed by a CMM (coordinate measuring machine)? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
K Calibration Frequency of a CMM Machine (Coordinate Measuring Machine) Calibration Frequency (Interval) 1
Q Certifying Gage Blocks on an In-House CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 19
L Which CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) Software is best? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 25
M Resolution question - Measuring a product on a CMM - the tolerance is .000/.001 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
R Questions About CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) Gauge (Gage) R & R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 14
L Determining Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) OEE General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
T Seeking Spreadsheet for CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
D Interlaboratory Comparisons Test of CMM (coordinate measuring machine) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
F Gauge R&R Studies on a CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
G FaroArm vs. CMM (coordinate measuring machine) - Savings Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
D Measuring ID's: Which is the most accurate? CMM / Sunnen Gage / Plug Gage? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Marc Coordinate Measuring Machine Uncertainty - Research Resolving CMM Uncertainties Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 5
M Can someone help me with this CMM programming question? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
D New Calibrations Tech / CMM Tech IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
R Uncertainty Budget for CMM ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
F MSA for non-contact CMM - ISO10360 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
Nihls Quality Control (stability) Chart for CMM's - How the control limits are to be calculated Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
Ron Rompen Question regarding CMM probe damage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
T Re-PPAP after updating CMM program? Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
Nihls MSA Study Type 1 (CMM) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
C CMM Granite too hard General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
S Calibration Frequency for Slip Gauge Kit used for CMM Calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
A Cg, Cgk and GRR of a CMM Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
L In house calibration - Our CMM's are outside certified can I use them to certify our standards General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
M Honeywell CMM's - Why Honeywell will no longer sell their manuals Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 2
Marco Bernardi Plane measurement with a 3D touch machine like a CMM. Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 6
Marco Bernardi Diameters measurement with 3D touch machine like a CMM Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 4