CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) - questions

E

ElectricallyBlonde

I've been learning about CMMI resently, but I couldn't find the answer to the following questions. I would be very gratefull if someone could help me about them.

1. How does the model map to organizations with various types of projects (e.g., software only, systems engineering only, etc.)?

2. How does the model components map to projects with various scopes of work (e.g, software only, software and systems
engineering, Independent Verification & Validation, etc.)?

3. How does the model map to small projects?

4. How does the model map to projects in non-traditional development environments?

Thank you in advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
E

ElectricallyBlonde

Could someone answer thecfour questions, please? Short answers would be quite enough.

D

dksfwmcc

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in seeing this.

If you still want help with this I think I can help. I am a qualified ATM that has been through 2 appraisals (both successful) & developed our QMS for 10 years (last 7 inc CMMI).

BUT can you give a bit more background & expand on the questions please?

Also what 'state' are you in at the moment, have you had independent gap analysis, are you just starting reading up on this etc?

Regards

Dari

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) - Ever heard CMMI? Software Quality Assurance 5
S How do I learn CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration)? Software Quality Assurance 4
M CMMI (capability maturity model) vs. SQA (software quality assurance) vs. ISO 9001 Software Quality Assurance 2
A Detail info on CMMI - Capability Maturity Model Integration for Software Software Quality Assurance 15
J CMMI - Software 'Capability Maturity Model Integration' and Overlapping Waterfall Software Quality Assurance 1
Marc CMMI in Software - Capability Maturity Model Integration Software Quality Assurance 20
D IATF 16949 Requirement for CMMI in a Global Company Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 0
P How to Scientifically Prove the Importance of a Process - CMMI Process Areas Software Quality Assurance 7
A Software FMEA with CMMI FMEA and Control Plans 6
A Where to define Process Tailoring Form used in CMMI in the ISO 9001 Quality Manual? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
K CMMI Roadmap - The process of implementing CMMI Level 3 Software Quality Assurance 5
B Basics of the CMMI Standard Software Quality Assurance 3
S Software Company wants CMMI Software Quality Assurance 4
2 Expectations of CMMI High Maturity seem to have become less Ambiguous Software Quality Assurance 1
P What Documentation is required for CMMI? Examples wanted Software Quality Assurance 3
P Can anyone give samples of goals set of an organization for CMMI 5 Level Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
P An IMS organization can integrate CMMI with IMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
P Only Software companies eligible to take CMMI? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 11
G SEI CMMI Dev v1.3 - Defined (ML2) and Managed (ML3) Process Areas Software Quality Assurance 1
S Mapping CMMI to FDA Requirements IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
Q CMMI Level 2 Procedure for Design & Development Program Software Quality Assurance 1
V CMMI - When you release audit and configuration audit, who will do audit? Software Quality Assurance 4
V CMMI - When do you do the Configuration Audit and Who will do that audit? Software Quality Assurance 5
2 ISO 9001 should be implemented before CMMI for maximum effectiveness? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
C Which PA's in the CMMi model are required? Software Quality Assurance 6
D Tools for CMMI Rating the SCAMPI approach Software Quality Assurance 1
I CMMI Overview please Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
L ISO 9001:2000 and CMMI v1.2 Integration and Org Deployment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
A Alternative Selection Excel .xls Template - ISO 9001 and CMMI (DAR Process Area) Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
S Is there any sample/Draft procedures, manuals checklist for CMMI Software Quality Assurance 2
F How to conduct CMMI appraisal Class C Software Quality Assurance 4
V Getting CMMI level 4 & 5 is not a cake walk now! Software Quality Assurance 2
V CMMI V1.2 -Dev + IPPD appraisals Software Quality Assurance 1
A CMMI 3 - Software - Where we have to save all these documents Software Quality Assurance 4
L Document Hierarchy Structure for Documents Compliant in ISO 9001 and CMMI Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 23
R How does DRBFM fit into CMMI framework? Software Quality Assurance 8
A CMMI Mapping - The abbrivations under the CMM PA Software Quality Assurance 4
R CMMI Details - Seeking Details or Conversation Software Quality Assurance 2
H ISO 9001 / CMMI (SEI's Capablity Maturity Model) mapping - Software development Software Quality Assurance 2
K Machine Capability Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
C How to Establish the Calibration & Measurement Capability (CMC)? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
lanley liao How to keep the manufacturing capability under the API monogram Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 6
M Minitab Capability of the Population (no sampling) Using Minitab Software 11
A Capability Study - in the beginning of your career what should you have known about the tool Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
B Two excellent examples of process capability analysis from Quality Magazine Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
Q Capability study with a minimum spec Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
Q Capability - CPk comparison values Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 12
R Capability analysis - What is going on this chart? Manufacturing and Related Processes 15
H Capability Data for Paint Thickness on Painted Parts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
N Is capability applicable for a destructive test? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 9