CMMI Overview please

I

Invicta

It looks as if this will be introduced within the company to help improve our processes.

Can anyone please suggest a source of a simple overview.
At the moment there are so many new controls being looked at/tried that any comparison with other methods would be very useful.

Kind regards

Bernard

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: CMMI - overview please

Here is a start: Existing CMMI discussion threads.

CMMI: Wikipedia reference-linkCapability_Maturity_Model_Integration

Summary:

CMMI is the successor of the CMM or Software CMM. The CMM was developed from 1987 until 1997. In 2002, CMMI Version 1.1 was released. Version 1.2 followed in August 2006. The goal of the CMMI project is to improve the usability of maturity models by integrating many different models into one framework. It was created by members of industry, government and the Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute (SEI). The main sponsors included the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and the National Defense Industrial Association.

What product domains is CMMI now relevant to? Though its roots are in a scheme for software engineering, CMMI is highly generalised to embrace other kinds of product, such as the mass manufacture of electronic components. The word software does not appear in definitions of CMMI. This unification of hardware and software engineering makes CMMI extremely abstract. It is not as specific to software engineering as CMMM. Yet its usage outside of that domain appears limited.

I

Invicta

Re: CMMI - overview please

Mark,

This was exactly what I was after.

Many thanks,
Bernard

Top Bottom