CNC Controls under ISO 9001:2000

B

Bob the QE

If this is a repeat question I appologize in advance, however, my search did not turn up what I was looking for. This could be the way I typed the search request. Anyway, I am working in the AS world now and am quite familar with the clause for CNC Programining and meeting the requirements. However, when I developed ISO systems those companys did not have such equipment so I am not sure how they and their programmming controls are addressed or in what clause I will find them. Any ideas?

Any help is always appericiated.

D

Duke Okes

Re: CNC Controls under ISO9000:2000

If this is a repeat question I appologize in advance, however, my search did not turn up what I was looking for. This could be the way I typed the search request. Anyway, I am working in the AS world now and am quite familar with the clause for CNC Programining and meeting the requirements. However, when I developed ISO systems those companys did not have such equipment so I am not sure how they and their programmming controls are addressed or in what clause I will find them. Any ideas? Any help is always appericiated.

My interpretation is that it would fall under document control (4.2.3). A program is just like a procedure, spec or work instruction. It needs to be considered for revision based on changes to product and/or process, revised if necessary, approved, and managed under revision control (which would include deciding what to do with the previous revision).

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator

Hi:bigwave:

What I've done in the past is simply include the revision level in the program name. If the operator pulled up the program and the revision level was different, he would review the changes to see whether it affected his program.

Then, changes or no changes, he would rename the program with the new revision level.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator

My interpretation is that it would fall under document control (4.2.3). A program is just like a procedure, spec or work instruction. It needs to be considered for revision based on changes to product and/or process, revised if necessary, approved, and managed under revision control (which would include deciding what to do with the previous revision).
That's a great explanation. The approved in my example above is the first piece approval once the program was revised.:agree1:

Top Bottom