Coke Reactivity Index (CRI) Testing Code Interpretation: ASTM D5341-99 (2004)

A

alokb

Dear Sir,

With reference to interpretation of code D5341
I would like to get some help with respect to the fact that the repeatability of the parameters like CRI is defined as within 2.8% under the ASTM standard, whereas our specifications itself is mentioning the Min Max variation of 2% ( 19.5 to 21.5 for CRI ). Similarly, for CSR the repeatability is 5.4 and our specs are 60% to 65%. Hence we have need to understand the sensitivity of this factor while testing and freezing of specifications.

Having said these, ,on the basis of this code, still in the our procurement ( for that matter elsewhere also) process there is a prorate penalty of variation of every 1 % absolute value of CRI .

I have also conducted a sort of Mock trail test and result were analyzed ,the Gauge R & R study also confirm that if the repeatability is having 2.8 variability in absolute number .Then the Gauge of Measurement system is not acceptable.
can some body help in this regards for better and correct interpetation of this code.

The logical conclusion seems to be missing.

Regards,

Attachments

• CRI Measurement system Analysis.docx
    111.6 KB · Views: 206
A

alokb

I fail to receive a responce yesterday on first post of this thread,Is it not a valid query or it did not make adequate sence ?

let have some responce on this question .
:confused:regards,

Alok

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Much as I like to help, I have to admit knowing next to nothing in this area. A search at the Cove yield nothing except coke for coca-cola. An internet search also yield little, which confirms my suspicion that this is an area outside many of us.

Sorry, you have to just wait for the right guy to come along. Meanwhile, lets keep our fingers crossed. :cfingers:

Top Bottom