Collapsing Forum FAQ threads

Proud Liberal

Quite Involved in Discussions
Is there a way to collapse, hide, or move to end the forum FAQ thread section? Is so can this be set as a member default setting?

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
The FAQ threads in every forum listing is fixed at the top. Most forums here don't have too many FAQ threads, but I haven't been through every one yet.

I will investigate if there is an add-on that does that - option whether to show it or not by user group or something like that - but I have looked at a lot of them and haven't seen one. It was the same way in the old forum, if I remember correctly there was no way to collapse it or hide it, but it's too late for me to see now because it's not accessible any more. You'll have to tell me if I'm wrong.

You can help if you see an obsolete or "unneeded" FAQ thread by using the "Report" link in the first post in the thread. I'll have a look and if it's of no current value I can move it out of the FAQ (they're technically called "sticky threads") threads, revise it , delete it or what ever.

You are on a desktop, laptop, tablet or "smart" phone???

Proud Liberal

Quite Involved in Discussions
I use a desktop and laptop. But even on a 28" monitor @ 3840 x 2160, I'd like to reclaim the real estate at the top of each forum. As you may surmise by the resolution of my monitor, I'm not a big fan of scrolling.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
I understand and will be looking into that possibility, but I will say I visit lots of websites and I can't think of one in which I do not have to scroll - Usually quite a lot.

Top Bottom