Interesting Discussion Combating COVID 19

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
We did a little work on one UV device that subsequently claimed it was effective in killing COVID 19. It was (is) high energy and humans cannot be in the room where it's delivering - which probably means it falls in that pulsed xenon category. I presume it works on airborne particles. The challenge is that it is effective only in line-of-sight. Anything lurking that is shaded from the emissions is unaffected.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
Roger that heard similar, it is my understanding these may be deployed in HVAC systems fixed and mobile, so as to avoid any direct UV to human emissions. If effectveness is confirmed this would be a great, a relatively inexpensive solution...of course of many other COVID counter-measures

I have seen them used in RBC units, (Rotating Biological Contactors), to sterilize raw effluent after treatment and before being discharged. Works well through liquid (clear), but chlorine use is still mandated afterwards by Health departments as they have no easy way to check its effectiveness with lab work, while chlorine residual tests can be performed in the field by marginally trained operators. Basically, as long as you had chlorine in the effluent, they were happy.

Top Bottom