Combine ISO 9001 and AS9100 into a single Quality Manual and System?

D

dv8shane

Good morning. I am new to this forum. I am looking for information regarding the relationship between the ISO9001:2008 standard and the AS9100. Is it possible to write the ISO materials and incorporate the additional provisions of the AS9100 such that the outcome is one manual that effectively serves both standards? Appreciate all the insight you may be able to provide.
I think the question is why not to. AS9100 follows the numbering just add the appropriate substance to the extra clauses of 9001.

rickpaul01

Involved in HankyPanky
Hi

As a European Distribution Centre for a global company we have to be part of the various Business certifications. We hold our own 9001:2008 but are classed as a remote location for our European Automotive business and are part of their TS16949 certification. Our Aerospace UK sales division is now considering AS9100.

Has anyone got an up to date cross reference for all three standards. There is one in the attachments but it is out of date referencing 9001:2000, TS16949:2002 and AS9100 Rev A.

I am trained to 9001 Lead Auditor and TS16949 trained auditor with 12 years experience, I have some experience of 13485. Will I need to attend external training for AS9100 or are the diferences reasonably straight forward bearing in mind we will not be involved in manufacturing just the logistics side, warehouse management and shipping.

Chrissie x

Hi Chrissie,
Putting your question inside another question, I'm not sure how many replies you will get.
I think you are always better off creating your own cross-reference. One person might say that two requirements are the "same" but you will not know if that means identical, similar, or something else. If you do it yourself, you will understand the requirement better, and more importantly, you can add another column: How your QMS addresses the requirement.
Now you have a comprehensive list of all requirements, and how you meet them. When your boss askes if you are ready for the audit, you will know exactly how ready you are.
Regarding training. When you see the differences, you can start to learn about them (the differences) one at a time. It's not very involved. INHO, 9100 is simpler than 16949.
But then again, you didn't say the purpose of the training...
Best Regards

Top Bottom