Combined ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 Implementation

I

Indrit

Hello,

This is my first time I discovered this forum and to be quite honest with you I think I might get help here. Lately I was assigned to lead the project for ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 all in one. Of curse there is no way I can get out of this so I need help, guidance and advises.

Can some please help me out with some kind of Implementation plan templates or real examples? I NEED TO HAVE SOME PREMADE IMPLEMENTATION PLAN IN HAND IN ORDER FOR ME TO WORK AROUND IT AND CONVERTED TO MY NEEDS.

I am about to hold a meeting within 2-weeks from today’s day and in order for me to talk on it I have to know where to start, what to do…

How can I break down the plan into major topics, How can I set up dates, responsibilities.
How can I come up with all other tasks. The company I work for has to do with Thermal and electronic component.

I don’t know, probably jus because this is my first assignment. I am new in the job and people just expect everything to be in paper from me. I am little frustrated and it looks to me that this will be some real challenge for me.

Please help need it.

Best regards

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Re: HELP: - ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 all in one

Hello,

This is my first time I discovered this forum and to be quite honest with you I think I might get help here. Lately I was assigned to lead the project for ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 all in one. Of curse there is no way I can get out of this so I need help, guidance and advises.

Can some please help me out with some kind of Implementation plan templates or real examples? I NEED TO HAVE SOME PREMADE IMPLEMENTATION PLAN IN HAND IN ORDER FOR ME TO WORK AROUND IT AND CONVERTED TO MY NEEDS.

I am about to hold a meeting within 2-weeks from today’s day and in order for me to talk on it I have to know where to start, what to do…

How can I break down the plan into major topics, How can I set up dates, responsibilities.
How can I come up with all other tasks. The company I work for has to do with Thermal and electronic component.

I don’t know, probably jus because this is my first assignment. I am new in the job and people just expect everything to be in paper from me. I am little frustrated and it looks to me that this will be some real challenge for me.

Please help need it.

Best regards

First...take a deep breath and exhale. I am not an expert in either of these standards, but you can try the following:

1. Post Attachments List (upper left corner)-This is where you might find some templates

2. The search function-Type in what you are seeking. You maybe surprised on what posts have already been asked.

3. Be patient-There are Covers that know this subject very well.

4. Buy the Standards-They are probably available as downloaded PDF Files and read each one of them.

These are just suggestions.

C

chaosweary

Suggested reading: PAS 99
http://orders.ceem.com/showitemlist.asp?category=77

PAS 99 is primarily intended for use by organizations who are implementing the requirements of two or more management system standards. The adoption of PAS 99 is intended to simplify the implementation of multiple system standards and specifications.

Randy

Super Moderator
Suggested reading: PAS 99
http://orders.ceem.com/showitemlist.asp?category=77

PAS 99 is primarily intended for use by organizations who are implementing the requirements of two or more management system standards. The adoption of PAS 99 is intended to simplify the implementation of multiple system standards and specifications.

I will not claim to be an expert in these standards, but I may possess a littlebit higher level of expertise in both of them than most others here in the Cove

I recommend against PAS 99 in a case like this when there is an apparent basic lack of understanding of management system requirements.

Your very 1st step is to be sure that your senior management understands what they are asking for and that their committment has to be real and not just lip service.

Your next step needs to be a determination of where you currently stand, or identify your present status in relation to bo the OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards......... You need a copy of both! We also have posted here in the "Attachments" section some gap analysis checklists free for your use....use them to help determine your current status.

Additionally get copies of OHSAS 18002:2000 "Occupational health and safety management systems - Guidelines for the implementation of OHSAS 18001" and ISO 14004:2004 "Environmental management systems —
General guidelines on principles, systems and support techniques"
. Both of these documents can prove themselves to be invaluable and well worth the cost. OHSAS 18002 is being revised with a new issue in a couple of months but the 2000 version is still very helpful..

Use the Cove to the greatest extent possible because every question you have has already been answered many times over.

Also send me a PM or email and I can give you some additional help. I am not a consultant so don't fret over that.

Last edited:
A

amanbhai

What is this Pass 99, which organization issue it and what is the purpose of the standard? Can anyone share info? :thanks:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Meet
google-logo.gif

Google PAS 99 and voila': Results.

PAS 99 has been mentioned several times here at the Cove.

Randy

Super Moderator
PAS 99 is an integrated management system specification and its issued by BSI........I teach it.

P

Peter West

Hi Indrit

There is plenty to do, and I have no idea on OHSAS 18001 - i will be googling that shortly. I will send you a PM and then send you a recent plan I drew up. It outlines some of the key points for me and my company so I expect they will differ to your needs but it has gone down well in the last 3 meetings I have had. I can't post them here as they are Company documents, however if anyone would like a copy, then PM me with where to send it.

Can you attach things to PMs?? I seem unable to but have not looked into it yet.

P

Peter West

Oh yeh i'd advise reading the standard a few times too. I have and found it helps my understanding of the fundamental needs for certification. Also I just came back from a 14001 internal auditor course and was amazed that hardly anyone (just 2 of us) had read the Standard.

How can anyone approach a task like EMS implementation without reading the Standard (assuming they are new to it) :eek::frust::frust:?

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Can you attach things to PMs?? I seem unable to but have not looked into it yet.

I don't think the Software allows attachments to PMs. You may want to send them an Email and if they respond, you will have their email.

Better yet...Attach it here for others to see.

Top Bottom