Combined Quality Manual for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001 and OHSAS 18001

D

dimitrioskal

Hello all!!!

I am currently work in a maritime company with a fleet of bulk carriers. As per relevant regulations we have a safety management system based to ISM code and now I want to go the system a step forward through the production of a combine system which will include ISM ISO 9001 14001 50001 OHSAS 18001, I know that such manuals already exists to bigger maritime company's (combine or individual) than mine and I search for any existing manual or guide for how I should proceed....any help for all the above as one or for each of them individual will be a great help so I can use it as a guide in order to build ours as per our needs...thanks in advance for any possible help...

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Re: ISO 9001 14001 50001 OHSAS 18001 COMBINE MANUAL FOR MARITIME COMPANY

Hello all!!!

I am currently work in a maritime company with a fleet of bulk carriers. As per relevant regulations we have a safety management system based to ISM code and now I want to go the system a step forward through the production of a combine system which will include ISM ISO 9001 14001 50001 OHSAS 18001, I know that such manuals already exists to bigger maritime company's (combine or individual) than mine and I search for any existing manual or guide for how I should proceed....any help for all the above as one or for each of them individual will be a great help so I can use it as a guide in order to build ours as per our needs...thanks in advance for any possible help...
Hello Dimitri and welcome to the Cove :bigwave:

If you use the search box in the upper left hand corner, type in:

system manual 9001
system manual 18001
etc.

...and follow the threads that come up, you will find samples of such system manuals. I'm not sure that you'll find a combined manual that covers all the standards that you mentioned, though - it's quite a wide coverage. However, I'm pretty sure that you'll find ones that cover at least 2 standards, and you could add the rest with a little bit of work.

I think that your biggest challenge is top management buy-in, not actually preparing the manual, though.

Good luck in your quest,
Ronen.

kgott

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: ISO 9001 14001 50001 OHSAS 18001 COMBINE MANUAL FOR MARITIME COMPANY

There are several parts of these standards that are common to all of them, write on procedure to account for all standards. Things like policy requirements, document control, management review etc.

Develop procedures for those requirements of the standards which cannot be accommodated in a common procedure.

Try to avoid the big fat book syndrome as nobody will bother with it. Think in terms of a guide to the management systems rather than the word manual. No manual I write these days goes past 10 - 15 pages or so. Most are less.

M

Moonlight17

Hi dimitrioskal:cool:
We have an integrated system for 9001, 14001, 18001 & 27001 and a manual that includes information on all these.
However, we may soon delete the manual from our system as only 9001 calls for it and not sure if the anticipated new version (2015) requires a manual.
Anyway - here is ours (with names redacted) for your perusal.
Hope it helps dimitrioskal :smokin:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
hello dimitrioskal, and welcome to the Cove :bigwave:
You have been given sound advice already, and I just want to add a couple of things.
Try to avoid the big fat book syndrome as nobody will bother with it. Think in terms of a guide to the management systems rather than the word manual. No manual I write these days goes past 10 - 15 pages or so. Most are less.
Quite right: We actually have a combined GROUP ISO 9001, 14001, 50001 & OHSAS 18001 manual but I will have to admit that it is a prime example of exactly what kgott is warning against: It is a behemoth, and thus I will not post it here. It would be a poor example.

However, we may soon delete the manual from our system as only 9001 calls for it and not sure if the anticipated new version (2015) requires a manual.
Exactly: Thus far, it does not. We shall have to wait a while yet to be entirely certain, but it is very likely that the requirement for a manual goes out the window when ISO 9001:2015 hits the streets. Until then, however, we are stuck with the requirement for a manual.

If you want to keep it if (when) the 2015 issue is out and no longer requires a manual, there is nothing preventing you from doing so, of course.

kgott

Quite Involved in Discussions
We have an integrated system for 9001, 14001, 18001 & 27001 and a manual that includes information on all these.
Anyway - here is ours (with names redacted) for your perusal.
Hope it helps dimitrioskal :smokin:
Moonlight, I like the set out and plain packaging of your manual.

Perhaps you might like to consider putting the change table at the end of the document rather than at the front as by and large no one really cares about past changes. They really only want to know about what it says now.

Considering that its a only a guide to your management system, revisions made are not that critical.

You could also shorten it by giving a shorter overview of the documentation forming your system and include a table listing the documents, where they are located and how they are accessed.

cheers

M

Moonlight17

Hi Kgott,
Thanks.
Although I agree with regards to the change table, this is a company template used for all manuals/policies/procedures. I shall certainly bring this up at our next review of the template.
Great view on the table of documents - shall consider this also!
Thanks again:thanx:

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
Moonlight - just looked at your document and noticed the blacked out bits can be changed so that you can see what is not meant to be seen. I hope this is not a problem for you.
Moonlight,
To add to what TPMB4 has stated....I would suggest you convert the document to PDF format and use the Redact function in Adobe Acrobat (or other similar program) to block out information you think is sensitive. This way, your changes will not be undone by others.

Brian :rolleyes:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 Combined Quality Manual ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
W ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100 combined Quality Manual (Systems Manual) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 53
P ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 17025 combined Quality Manual needed ISO 17025 related Discussions 9
N QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety and Environment) Standards or Combined Systems Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 43
C Combined QMS (Quality Management Systems) Manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
T Quality Check Sheet combined with Work Instruction Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
Claes Gefvenberg MR Agenda - Combined Quality, Environmental & Energy Mgmt System Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
K Combined Environmental / Quality Manufacturing Process Audit Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 16
A Beginners help with ISO3951-2 Combined control s-method n>5 what is Phi ?? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
M Scope of Combined ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 QMS - Non-automotive customers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Q Risk/Opportunity in a combined ISO 9001 & 14001 System ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
R Sequence and Interaction - Combined for both ISO 9001:2015 and EMS 14001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
R ISO 9001:2015 and EMS 14001:2015 combined audit checklist General Auditing Discussions 5
A Combined ISO 13485 Certification with ISO 9001:2015 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 23
H Combined Procedure - Control of Non-conforming Product, Corrective and Preventive Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 14
F Control Points in a combined BRCv6 and IFS v6 system Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
J Can I conduct Internal Audit for combined ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and ISO 14001? Internal Auditing 37
P Applying Combined Tolerances of Two Scales - Balance Tolerance Question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
E QP (Qualified Person) for Combined Pharma-Medical Devices Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
H Two Business Units Combined in the same Building ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Ppk for Combined Data Sets Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
S Combined Uncertainty of an Indirect Measurement Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 8
B Calculating Combined DPMO and Sigma Level for Two or More Different Work Areas Six Sigma 3
Jerry Eldred Combined Uncertainty With Multiple DC Reference Standards Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
A Calculating Combined Measurement Uncertainty - VDA 5 Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
P Separate procedures? ISO 14k System combined with OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3
D What is required in a combined ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Audit? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
F Combined ER/EP Checklist template that covers both MDD ERs and Australian EPs EU Medical Device Regulations 1
N NCR (Nonconformance Report) Combined with Corrective Action Report? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
B Combined ISO 9001/ISO 14001 Internal Audits Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 7
S IFU for combined OTC Medical Device in light of IEC 60601-1-11 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
Ajit Basrur Combined Search by Baidu and Google After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
somashekar OSHAS 18001 and ISO 14001 Combined Survelliance Audit Manday Guidelines Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
F What Combination (Combined Advanced Therapy Product) Products are Approved in the EU? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A Interaction of Processes for both ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 Combined Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
S Error Accumulation - Combined Result without going to Partial Derivitaves Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
J Registrars Doing Synchronized (Combined) Audits to AS9100 and ISO 13485 Registrars and Notified Bodies 8
D FDA Requirements for Combined Software US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
harrysons Combined checklist for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
C IMS (ISO 14001/ BS OHSAS 18001) combined Audit Checklist & Schedule ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
R CAPA (Corrective Action Preventive Action) Procedures Separate or Combined Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
B Cl. 4.4.7 (Emergency Preparedness) Combined ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
W ISO 13485, ISO 9001, and AS9100 Combined QMS Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
B Combined ISO 9001 and ISO14001 audit Internal Auditing 5
L Combined Corrective and Preventive Action Procedures? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
P Combined ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Manual and System Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 8
I Combined ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 Implementation ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 16
P Auditing to Combined ISO9001 and ISO14001 Systems General Auditing Discussions 5
Marc Combined ISO 9001:2000 ISO 14001:2004 Compliance Audit Form General Auditing Discussions 8
A Relative or Combined Type A & Type B Uncertainty Calculation? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4