Combined Quality Manual for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001 and OHSAS 18001

D

dimitrioskal

Hello all!!!

I am currently work in a maritime company with a fleet of bulk carriers. As per relevant regulations we have a safety management system based to ISM code and now I want to go the system a step forward through the production of a combine system which will include ISM ISO 9001 14001 50001 OHSAS 18001, I know that such manuals already exists to bigger maritime company's (combine or individual) than mine and I search for any existing manual or guide for how I should proceed....any help for all the above as one or for each of them individual will be a great help so I can use it as a guide in order to build ours as per our needs...thanks in advance for any possible help...

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Re: ISO 9001 14001 50001 OHSAS 18001 COMBINE MANUAL FOR MARITIME COMPANY

Hello all!!!

I am currently work in a maritime company with a fleet of bulk carriers. As per relevant regulations we have a safety management system based to ISM code and now I want to go the system a step forward through the production of a combine system which will include ISM ISO 9001 14001 50001 OHSAS 18001, I know that such manuals already exists to bigger maritime company's (combine or individual) than mine and I search for any existing manual or guide for how I should proceed....any help for all the above as one or for each of them individual will be a great help so I can use it as a guide in order to build ours as per our needs...thanks in advance for any possible help...

Hello Dimitri and welcome to the Cove :bigwave:

If you use the search box in the upper left hand corner, type in:

system manual 9001
system manual 18001
etc.

...and follow the threads that come up, you will find samples of such system manuals. I'm not sure that you'll find a combined manual that covers all the standards that you mentioned, though - it's quite a wide coverage. However, I'm pretty sure that you'll find ones that cover at least 2 standards, and you could add the rest with a little bit of work.

I think that your biggest challenge is top management buy-in, not actually preparing the manual, though.

Good luck in your quest,
Ronen.

K

kgott

Re: ISO 9001 14001 50001 OHSAS 18001 COMBINE MANUAL FOR MARITIME COMPANY

There are several parts of these standards that are common to all of them, write on procedure to account for all standards. Things like policy requirements, document control, management review etc.

Develop procedures for those requirements of the standards which cannot be accommodated in a common procedure.

Try to avoid the big fat book syndrome as nobody will bother with it. Think in terms of a guide to the management systems rather than the word manual. No manual I write these days goes past 10 - 15 pages or so. Most are less.

M

Moonlight17

Hi dimitrioskal:cool:
We have an integrated system for 9001, 14001, 18001 & 27001 and a manual that includes information on all these.
However, we may soon delete the manual from our system as only 9001 calls for it and not sure if the anticipated new version (2015) requires a manual.
Anyway - here is ours (with names redacted) for your perusal.
Hope it helps dimitrioskal :smokin:

Attachments

• copy Management Systems Manual V10 (9001+14001+27001+OHSAS18001).pdf
    404 KB · Views: 2,118
Last edited by a moderator:
hello dimitrioskal, and welcome to the Cove :bigwave:
You have been given sound advice already, and I just want to add a couple of things.
Try to avoid the big fat book syndrome as nobody will bother with it. Think in terms of a guide to the management systems rather than the word manual. No manual I write these days goes past 10 - 15 pages or so. Most are less.
Quite right: We actually have a combined GROUP ISO 9001, 14001, 50001 & OHSAS 18001 manual but I will have to admit that it is a prime example of exactly what kgott is warning against: It is a behemoth, and thus I will not post it here. It would be a poor example.

However, we may soon delete the manual from our system as only 9001 calls for it and not sure if the anticipated new version (2015) requires a manual.
Exactly: Thus far, it does not. We shall have to wait a while yet to be entirely certain, but it is very likely that the requirement for a manual goes out the window when ISO 9001:2015 hits the streets. Until then, however, we are stuck with the requirement for a manual.

If you want to keep it if (when) the 2015 issue is out and no longer requires a manual, there is nothing preventing you from doing so, of course.

D

dimitrioskal

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your time and your quidance.

I will use them one by one!!!

:thanks:

K

kgott

We have an integrated system for 9001, 14001, 18001 & 27001 and a manual that includes information on all these.
Anyway - here is ours (with names redacted) for your perusal.
Hope it helps dimitrioskal :smokin:

Moonlight, I like the set out and plain packaging of your manual.

Perhaps you might like to consider putting the change table at the end of the document rather than at the front as by and large no one really cares about past changes. They really only want to know about what it says now.

Considering that its a only a guide to your management system, revisions made are not that critical.

You could also shorten it by giving a shorter overview of the documentation forming your system and include a table listing the documents, where they are located and how they are accessed.

cheers

M

Moonlight17

Hi Kgott,
Thanks.
Although I agree with regards to the change table, this is a company template used for all manuals/policies/procedures. I shall certainly bring this up at our next review of the template.
Great view on the table of documents - shall consider this also!
Thanks again:thanx:

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
Moonlight - just looked at your document and noticed the blacked out bits can be changed so that you can see what is not meant to be seen. I hope this is not a problem for you.

Moonlight,
To add to what TPMB4 has stated....I would suggest you convert the document to PDF format and use the Redact function in Adobe Acrobat (or other similar program) to block out information you think is sensitive. This way, your changes will not be undone by others.

Brian :rolleyes:

Top Bottom