Commercial gage scheduling software package that can store multiple PPM histories

S

sgiorgi

Scheduling software

I am looking for a commercial scheduling software package that can store multiple PPM histories for each instrument entered into the database - service/calibration/PAT history etc.

The package also has to be validated and conform to FDA requirements for electronic records and signatures - we are being audited by them next year.

The only software I have found so far that meets these requirements is from Blue Mountain Resources. If anyone knows of any more I would be grateful to here from them.

Thanks in advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
I can not (will not) recommend any software in this format. I have been doing some research into calibration software recently, and so I have a few companies names:

- Blue Mountain Software(www.coolblue.com)
- Norfox (makes Labmate, Calmate, VanMate(www.norfox.com)
- Industrial Process Measurement, Inc.(www.instrumentation2000.com)
- Cybermetrics Corporation(www.cybermetrics.net)
- PMI Software Ltd.(www.pmisoftware.com)
- Diversified Data Systems Inc.((www.dds-inc.com)
- Intercal Inc.(www.intercalinc.com)
- SureCal Automatic Calibration Software(www.surecal.com)

As this is all the vendors I know about, I am being as impartial as I can. I won't recommend or make any positive or negative judgments on any of them. There are also some general metrology websites that have links pages listing various software packages out there.

S

sgiorgi

Thanks for your help. I have also found the following www.maintenanceresources.com which has lots of links to suppliers of cmms packages.

I have one more question which I would be greatful for you opinion on.

Out of the packages I have looked at almost all have been developed in line with ISOs tickit and/or have some kind of validation documentation/software to go with it.

Only a couple (Blue Mountain is one) state that they comply with FDA requirements (Electronic Signitures & Records etc.)

This is the crunch question.

As I only want to store locations, cal dates & frequencies so that I can recall items when they are next due for calibration (all calibration data is kept in paper form on certificates) do I need to worry?

We use Kaye KL dataloggers, LTRs and IRTD probes when mapping autoclaves and in this case I know we need to comply (and Kaye do) as the raw data collected is in electronic form.

But as we are not planning to store our calibration data in electronic form will we come up with a problem if we do not choose a package that complies with these requirements (we are currently on schedule to be audited by the FDA next year.

Many thanks.

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
As FDA requirements is not one of my areas of expertise, I will have to defer comment on what it takes for compliance.

I can say that at least in my experiences and knowledge, you can theoretically operate a lab without any software package at all. There is no where in any standard I am familiar with that requires use of a software package. Again, I am not familiar with FDA requirements.

What you are responsible for is maintaining appropriate control of your records, procedures, etc. (many other things). I would recommend reading through line by line and doing a gap analysis. What I typically do is put the standard I need to comply with into spreadsheet format. Then next to each paragraph, what actions need to be taken to comply. If you're not sure what you need to do to comply, a thorough, detailed reading of the standard will at least help understand exactly what needs to be done.

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
CAL SCHEDULING SOFTWARE---

Some of the below is a re-run, but I received this
in a listserv email I subscribe to. It may give a
little more comprehensive listing of what is available out there. No reommendation or editorializations, only as complete a list as I can find.

ProGAGE1 www.aqsinc.com
GAGEtrak www.cybermetrics.net
LabMate
Met-Track www.fluke.com
Cal Manager www.coolblue.com
Gage Calibration www.jblsys.com
QCPRO Gage Control www.pister.com
PowerWay Gage Mgr www.powerway.com
Gage Calibration 2.0 www.starrett.com
QA Calibrate 2.0 www.qualityamerica.com
InfinityQS GTS www.qualitronsystems.com
GAGEpack 2000 www.pqsystems.com

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
> What I typically do is put the standard I need to comply
> with into spreadsheet format. Then next to each paragraph,
> what actions need to be taken to comply.

As most of you know, I work with companies in complying with standards. I agree with this methodology any time you have to comply with one or more standards. I have used it for many years and it has always been 'good' to me. If you take a look through http://Elsmar.com/Imp/ you will see it used. If you would like to see an 'early' example where multiple requirements (ISO 9001, QS9000 and VDA 6) were addressed, see QS-Req.pdf in the pdf_files directory ( http://Elsmar.com/pdf_files/ )

The spreadsheet 'listing' from the specification is sorta like a check list. It's all there - Now, can you point to the requirements line item by line item and follow through by putting how/where you comply in another column. However, you must have some understanding of the requirement you must meet.

Bubba

Involved In Discussions
I work in a company that is regulated by the FDA and we are currently using the Blue Mountain software for our calibration scheduling. The features built into this particular software do make it rather easy to comply with 21 CFR part 11 for electronic signatures and a software validation protocol is available (for an extra charge) to help meet FDA requirements for validation.

However, if you are not keeping electronic records of your calibration activities, electronic signatures do not really apply. The FDA rules for electronic signatures were created to give technologically advanced companies the option of making electronic records equivalent to paper records and electronic signatures equivalent to handwritten signatures.

If, as you stated, you are only using the software to recall due dates, and not for record keeping, Blue Mountain may be overkill. There are other software packages out there that are a lot cheaper and will do the job just fine. It's possible that even a basic database program such as Microsoft Excel or Access would meet your needs.

I hope this helps.

A

Afifuddin

Its good to get your thing organize but if you are fimiliar with Microsoft Access, you can create your own database unless you need to connect to some of your sophisticated equipment via rs232 or etc. which giving the calibration result the you might have to purchase that software.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Commercial excel templates that calculate overhead, hourly rates, fee proposal Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 0
DMLqms Country of Origin on Commercial Invoices EU Medical Device Regulations 2
P Qualifying commercial off the shelf (COTS) external suppliers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
P Medical Device not on commercial distribution but installed in the establishment. 510k? Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
DuncanGibbons To what extent are NASA standards applicable to commercial aviation? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
B IATF 16949 Cl. 4.3.2 - CSR vs Commercial Agreements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
shimonv Creating a new commercial product based on a modification to an existing product Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
Ajit Basrur How do I label this commercial product ready for clinical study? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
P Design exclusion in AS9100D for commercial products AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
P What is expected in a Medical Device Commercial Release Procedure Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
F Definition Commercial Distribution - Definition - Scope of Commercial Distribution Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 2
M Commercial tablet as an "accessory" for a medical device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
R Control of COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) Specifications ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S COTS (commercial off-the-shelf) Validation FDA Requirements Software Quality Assurance 4
E Commercial Laboratory Audit Tips ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C Commercial Grade Supplier Surveys - Not qualifed 10CFR50 Appendix B or NQA-1 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
S ISO 15189 - When commercial QC Material is not available Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 4
B Commercial Calibration Laboratory Software Recommendations Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
T ISO 17025 - 4.1.5b Internal/External commercial, financial, and other pressures ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
B List of all Auto Parts in a Commercial Vehicle Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
C Apostille of French Commercial Documents for the Republic of Turkey EU Medical Device Regulations 5
H Certification of a large commercial helicopter acc. AC29-2C / CS29 EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 1
V Common Root Cause for Failures in Scaleup & Commercial (Validation) Batches 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S Regulatory Value of Commercial Documents (Brochures, Marketing Leaflets, etc.) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Everything to AS9100 vs. ISO 9001? Commercial Jobs require AS9100 "Extras"? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
S Regulatory requirements for Commercial Medical Devices for sale in Europe ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
B Ideas on how to differentiate jobs (AS9100 jobs vs. "commercial" jobs) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
L COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf) Parts with AS9102 FAI? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 16
Jim Wynne "Massive" Epsilon Interactive Commercial Email Breach After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
B Commercial Grade Dedication requirements for a 10CFR50 Appendix B Manufacturer Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 8
S Risk Management in terms of Technical and Commercial Failure (Disaster Recovery) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Commercial Measurement of Raw Materials/Production etc. Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
B References for GMP Consultants in Illinois (trade/commercial printer/packaging) Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
N COTS (commercial off-the-shelf) Computers - Warranty return rate? Benchmarking 3
Pancho Oquma - a new QMS-on-wiki commercial offering Imported Legacy Blogs 3
D ITAR/EAR and effects on commercial Heat Treating AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D Dutch Commercial & Environmental legal requirements for enterprises Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 14
A Packaging Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) Products as a Single System Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
D Purchase ? Guidelines - Technical and Commercial Evaluation Guidelines for Products ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
J Taking Lean beyond 5S - Commercial Printer Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 10
R LCD-TFT screen with player for publicity film - Commercial device CE Marking CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
D Commercial and AS9100 operation AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
ISOsandy Looking to expand into Commercial Nuclear Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 11
I Validation of Commercial off-the-shelf software - Spreadsheets ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
W What Commercial (off the shelf) QMS Software are you using - Any Recommendations? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 14
A Process for receiving functions - COTS (commercial off the shelf) vs Custom parts. Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
W ISO 9001 certification (registration) requirements - No commercial product or service ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 42
R Certificate of compliance (C of C) DOD requirements for commercial items in products Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
L Any tips on setting up a Quality Management System for a Commercial Printer? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Marc No Commercial Advertisements Allowed In This Forum Buy, Sell or Trade - NO Commercial Advertisements 8