Informational Companies with No SIGNIFICANT Environmental Aspects - ISO 14001

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Re: ISO 14001 with No SIGNIFICANT Environmental Aspects - Small Service Company

TQ.

Actually all the processes are carried out under the roof and concrete floor.

We notice the hydraulic oil leak during changing the oil but now they have passed that process to vendor.So it was handled by vendor and reduce the impact to environment.

Also if I go for water analysis to check the metal content then may be i can set the sedimentation tank for the heavy metal particles to set down so that the water can go to the river.

No noise in the machines.

No burning of wires as they cut the wire and remove the pvc from copper.pvc also send for recycling.

pls verify.
excuse me, but moving the responsibility to the vendor does not in and of itself change the significance of the aspect, only its control.

Randy

Super Moderator

excuse me, but moving the responsibility to the vendor does not in and of itself change the significance of the aspect, only its control.
Exactly and therefore the "influence" piece takes over.

B

barath

TQ.:)

Now I am clear about the concept.

Now i can found many aspects significant .

but now i am having the doubt that all significant aspects need to have objective and target or simply operation control procedures enough to monitor the operations.

Also EMP shall be developed based on this control procedures.

Pls verify.

Randy

Super Moderator

TQ.:)

Now I am clear about the concept.

Now i can found many aspects significant .
Change your way or criteria for determining significance

but now i am having the doubt that all significant aspects need to have objective and target
They don't, they only need to be considered when establishing O&T's

or simply operation control procedures enough to monitor the operations
. In the end that's all you really need to do...Control and Monitor

Also EMP shall be developed based on this control procedures.
Nope. EMP's are only required for O&T's
Pls verify.
Just "read" the standard and don't try to make more of it than what it is. Also "read" Annex "A" and refer to ISO 14004 for further help.

K

Kinan

ISO 14001 policy ?

I need to know it is obligatory to mention (Writing) in the ISO14001 policy that the company (commitment to comply with legal requirements "Clearly") or it may be in mentioned somewhere els in the procedure and company practices? !

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin

Look at the definition of environmental policy. It has to be endorsed by TOP management. So must be the commitment to comply with legal requirements. Why would an organization TRULY committed to environmental responsibility play these silly games? What would be the impediment for such commitment to be CLEARLY stated in an environmental policy statement?

Randy

Super Moderator

Welcome..:bigwave:

ISO 14001 clearly ststes that a committment to comply with applicable regulatory requirements must be in the policy!

You can mention it 1,000 times in other documents, but if it is not clearly committed to in the policy you're wrong.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Re: ISO 14001 policy ?

I need to know it is obligatory to mention (Writing) in the ISO14001 policy that the company (commitment to comply with legal requirements "Clearly") or it may be in mentioned somewhere els in the procedure and company practices? !

I agree with Randy and Sidney, however, I also allow the commitment to be stated in the Environmental Manual, under the policy section. This is relevant when someone has written a catchy slogan or nmemonic slogan as a policy statement.

I agree with Randy and Sidney, however, I also allow the commitment to be stated in the Environmental Manual, under the policy section. This is relevant when someone has written a catchy slogan or nmemonic slogan as a policy statement.
Hi,

Section 4.2 of ISO-14001 (2004) requires that not only the top management shall ensure that the policy "includes" a commitment to comply with applicable legal and other requirements, but also it shall ensure that (a) the policy is communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of the organization and (b) the policy is available to the public. If the mandated policy element (i.e. regarding commitment to compliance) is available only in a manual how can the organization ensure conformance with (a) and (b)? Is the manual available to the public ? Is the manual available to all the employees and contractors ? I believe, as already suggested by Sidney and Randy, the "commitment" has to be explicit in the policy statement; non-conformance to ISO-14001 (4.2) is indicated if this commitment is not stated in the policy statement that is available to the public.

With best regards,

Ramakrishnan

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant

Hi,

Section 4.2 of ISO-14001 (2004) requires that not only the top management shall ensure that the policy "includes" a commitment to comply with applicable legal and other requirements, but also it shall ensure that (a) the policy is communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of the organization and (b) the policy is available to the public. If the mandated policy element (i.e. regarding commitment to compliance) is available only in a manual how can the organization ensure conformance with (a) and (b)? Is the manual available to the public ? Is the manual available to all the employees and contractors ? I believe, as already suggested by Sidney and Randy, the "commitment" has to be explicit in the policy statement; non-conformance to ISO-14001 (4.2) is indicated if this commitment is not stated in the policy statement that is available to the public.

With best regards,

Ramakrishnan

The reason I allow this approach, that it be put in the EMS manual, is many customers compained that to include all these items into the policy statement they want employees to "memorize," made it so long no one could learn and remember it. It seemed like a reasonable approach. I do require two of the five (b and c, I think), to be in the statement if possible.

Top Bottom