Company Departmental Process Procedures and Flow Diagrams

T

TTUK01

Hi Forum,

Currently I have written the top-level ISO 9001 Procedures for a QMS. They have gone rather well.

I am extremely stuck and confused on how to do written and flow-diagram procedures for the departments within the company.
e.g HR, General Affairs, Chemical, Machinery, Accounts etc...

My boss wants me to put a written and a flow-diagram example together as examples to the department so they can they use as guidelines.

Does someone have a good example of a written and flow-diagram procedure / work instruction (or whatever) for a departmental process.

Really stuck on this one I'm afriad and they want me to have this done by today and this is the first place I could think of for help!

Many Thanks in advance!
- TTUK01

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Company Departmental Process Procedures

............................................... to do written and flow-diagram procedures for the departments within the company.
e.g HR, General Affairs, Chemical, Machinery, Accounts etc... ........................they want me to have this done by today and this is the first place I could think of for help! ......................

I guess you are already up to your neck and will not touch on 'departmental' procedures for now. Samples of flowchart can be found in the post attachments list.

However, I would like you to have a look at the following:
Cross-functional flowchart
Sample flowchart with swim lanes

R

Rickser

Take a look at these, modify for your use. Note that the offsite references on the flowchart lead to other flowcharts within our QMS. The flowchart was created in MS Visio.

Attachments

• PDC-423-001_Document_Control_Process_Rev_I.docx
    112.5 KB · Views: 273
  • PDC-423 Flowchart.vsd
    108 KB · Views: 300
D

dksfwmcc

Hi,

Do the ''written and a flow-diagram example'' have to be combined into a single document?

From personal experience my advice would be to keep them separate, BUT linked.
This way the top level flow diagram looks clean, is understandable & 'top management' tend to love this.

Then (where required) for each item/box on the flow diagram that needs a detailed procedure/instruction/forms you add a link.

This lower level implementation tends to be more job individual/group specific & tends to change as it evolves & improves (based on your implementation), by having this in this separate document means you can make these changes & inform only those who need to kno w& not have to inform everyone the whole flow chart relates to; which avoids the 'not another ISO change' culture in the company.

Hope this helps - it dod for us!

Top Bottom