Comparison: ISO9001:2000 v ISO17025

S

Steve-UK

(apologies - reposted from another forum)

I am currently to embark upon amending our current ISO17025 QMS to satisfy both ISO17025 and ISO9001:2000. Firstly has anyone produced a table comparing these two standards, clause by clause?

Also has anyone gone through the same process and has any tips for me? I'd appreciate any gems of wisdom you may have as the thought of it is keeping me awake at nights!

Thanks
Steven

R

Roger Eastin

I guess no one has done a comparison (no replies), but it could be done. There are a lot of similarities. I don't have such a comparison.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
I just finished a client that meets these two standards. I used the 9002.1994/17025 cross list and the 9k to 1994 cross. Actually, I was mid way when they deceided to add 17025 so thats why i went that route..they had started the 1994 implementation 2 years ago and never finished so it was all a miss mosh when i picked it up. We did it in just a few months, audit and all. And ZERO nonconformances for both audits.....

Even with all that it was an easy fit. The 17025 difference was just the technical requirements, for the most part.

S

Steve-UK

Thanks Barb,

That sounds encouraging!

If it's not too cheeky to ask, do you have anything I can use to help me cross-reference etc? In particular I need to show how an existing (and approved/certified) ISO 17025 system complies with ISO 9001:2000.

Regards
Steven

p.s. e-mail direct if you don't wish to post anything openly.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
I took the auditors 17025 checklist, and as i went through it, I inserted the company document /record and the ISO reference in the comments section. Silly me, it was hard copy, about 40 pages and I left it with the client. We did it as a Document GAP audit. I used the cross reference published in the new 9K2K std, and the one in 17025 to 9002.1994.

Do you have the auditor's check list? I believe I got it from the A2LA website, or maybe NAVLAB.

I may have the soft copy on my other lap top, its out of service now, but soon to be fixed. let me look around at some back up disks and i'll get back to you.

keep in touch, it will be interesting to see how you get along.

barb

Top Bottom