Competence Evaluation Forms - Example forms/appraisals for competence

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Looking for some example forms/appraisals for competence. I had created a simple one, however some want more than just a competence review. Any examples are appreciated. Hopefully we can KISS this. Thanks in advance!!!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Douglas E. Purdy

A Work Team Training & Qualification Record

gpainter,

I do not know if this is what you want, but let me present a training and qualification record for a designated work team.

Work Team Training & Qualification Record

Each Supervisory Manager (Team Leader) with assigned personnel shall generate and maintain a Work Team Training & Qualification Record linking the team members with the team’s training goals. Training goals consist of identifying the number of desired team members needed to perform those key procedures, processes, or operations that the Work Team is responsible for performing. On the Work Team Training & Qualification Record, the Team Leader shall identify the desired number of team members to be trained at a level of 100% Performance for each key procedure, process, or operation. To the extent applicable the Team Leader shall monitor and record the current level of performance for each team member in relation to those established training goals for the team. On a periodic basis the Team Leader shall perform a gap analysis between the desired number of 100% Performers and the Actual Number of 100% Performers for each training goal. A plan to close the training gap for the team and the team members shall be recorded in the space provided on the Work Team Training & Qualification Record or a clearly identified attachment.

The following are the established criteria for determining the performance level for the training goals established above:

In Training: has been taught how to perform but needs supervision on speed of performance and knowledge of quality standards;

50% Performance: can perform the operation but needs supervision on either the speed of performance or knowledge of the quality standards;

100% Performance: can perform at desired speed and knows the quality standards;

100% Performance + Trainer can perform at desired speed, knows the quality standards, and can effectively train others on the procedure, process, or operation.

[I will present a sample record for your review in a seperate post.]

Attachments

Douglas E. Purdy

Sample Work Team Training & Qualification Record

gpainter,

As promised, here is a sample WT T&Q Record.

Goof'd on fully sanitizing the attachment (again). See post below!

Last edited:

Douglas E. Purdy

General Training Record

gpainter,

Then there are those who do not want to perform a gap analysis or have a document that may be used to compare one employee to another. They tend to want to address the employee on an individual basis. Here is a sample Personnel Training History Sheet.

P.S. Please let me know if I am tickling your fancy, or if I am way off!

Thanks!

Attachments

Douglas E. Purdy

Douglas E. Purdy said:
gpainter,

I do not know if this is what you want, but let me present a training and qualification record for a designated work team.

Work Team Training & Qualification Record

Each Supervisory Manager (Team Leader) with assigned personnel shall generate and maintain a Work Team Training & Qualification Record linking the team members with the team’s training goals. Training goals consist of identifying the number of desired team members needed to perform those key procedures, processes, or operations that the Work Team is responsible for performing. On the Work Team Training & Qualification Record, the Team Leader shall identify the desired number of team members to be trained at a level of 100% Performance for each key procedure, process, or operation. To the extent applicable the Team Leader shall monitor and record the current level of performance for each team member in relation to those established training goals for the team. On a periodic basis the Team Leader shall perform a gap analysis between the desired number of 100% Performers and the Actual Number of 100% Performers for each training goal. A plan to close the training gap for the team and the team members shall be recorded in the space provided on the Work Team Training & Qualification Record or a clearly identified attachment.

The following are the established criteria for determining the performance level for the training goals established above:

In Training: has been taught how to perform but needs supervision on speed of performance and knowledge of quality standards;

50% Performance: can perform the operation but needs supervision on either the speed of performance or knowledge of the quality standards;

100% Performance: can perform at desired speed and knows the quality standards;

100% Performance + Trainer can perform at desired speed, knows the quality standards, and can effectively train others on the procedure, process, or operation.

[I will present a sample record for your review in a seperate post.]
Something has happened to the original attachment and I do not know how to delete it. I am attaching it again along with a similar matrix that does not include the GAP Analysis aspect to managing a work team along with an Individual Competency Profile to be used with the Employee.

Doug

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Competence Evaluation by Internal Auditors - TS 16949 Internal Auditing 17
Wes Bucey Training evaluation (Competence vs. performance) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
N Help with basic understanding of Competence requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
C ISO/IEC 17021-1 clause 7.1.2 - Determination of competence criteria Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
V ISO 9001:2015 7.2 Competence ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 35
I When exactly was "competence" added to the ISO-9001 standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
QAQT Internal Auditor competence for ISO 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 11
I Who owns your Competence, Awareness and Training process? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
M AS9100D Competence and Training Records - X-Ray AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
J ISO 13485:2016 Section 6.2 - Documenting the process for establishing competence ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
A Environmental Management System Lead Auditor Competence ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
J Training Personnel on the QMS - 7.3 Awareness or Competence ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
S SOP Training/Competence in 24/7 Operation contractor company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
H How to Establish and Document Competence of Employees in a Small Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
sswaim Auditing Internal Laboratory Personnel for Competence General Auditing Discussions 4
M Training Competence - Contract Services ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
I Struggling with Training and Competence ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Evidence of Competence, Training and Awareness Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
A ISO 9001:2015 - Knowledge vs. Competence - 7.5.1 and 7.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
somashekar How to Determine the Necessary Employee Competence ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Problems with Competence/Skills Matrix (6.2 Human Resources) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
G Audit Finding against ISO/TS 16949 6.2.2 Competence, Training and Awareness IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Sidney Vianna EMS auditor competence ISO Standard published - ISO/IEC TS 17021-2:2012 Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
A ISO 19011:2012 - Emphasis on Risk Analysis, Competence of Auditors and Vocabulary Internal Auditing 2
L Can Extent of Documentation differ due to the Competence of Personnel? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
C Certificate of Conformity Competence - Training Staff the Responsibilities of Signing Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
F What Compliance to ISO 9001, 6.2.2 Competence, Awareness and Training Means ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 35
K Competence, Training and Awareness - Documenting Training and Confidentiality Aspects ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
M Training and Competence requirements in a Small Machine Shop AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
M AS9100 Rev C Initial Certification - Determination of Competence AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
G Searching for Auditor Competence and Training .ppt presentation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
V Auditor Competence Noncompliance Internal Auditing 49
F CVs/Resumes & Competence, Training, and Awareness - Employee Confidentiality ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
F ISO 9001 Clause 6.2.2.a Competence, Training, and Awareness Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
P ISO 13485 Competence, Awareness and Training Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
S Competence Awareness and Training - ISO 9001 Clause 6.2.2 d) - How to do ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
L Aerospace Industry Competence Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
arios Keeping Records of Competence of Employees Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
A Competence Requirements for OH&S Compliance Assessment - 4.5.2 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 1
D Determine the necessary Competence for personnel ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
somashekar Top Management and Competence, Awareness, Training ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
C Internal Auditor lack of Competence Internal Auditing 76
B Definition Competence - What is the meaning of Competence? ISO 9001 Clause 6.2.2 Competence Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 13
E Calibration Clerk Competence and Training General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 14
B How to Evaluate Competence of an Internal Translator ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A Competence for performing compliance audits - 4.5.2 Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 6
K Determining Competence - What is the best way to determine employee competence AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
C Temporary Laborer Training Requirements - 6.2.2 Competence, Awareness and Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
D HR (Human Resources): Matrix of Competence in USA - Education Level aspect ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
B Determining Competence - Understanding clause 6.2.2 a) of ISO9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16