Competency of Employees and Customer Satisfaction

A

Alli - 2002

I have been assigned the task to upgrade us to the 2000 standard. I have rewritten the quality policy and manual to address the new revisions. I do have a few questions that I would like to pose to the forum.

How are companies meeting the competency requirement? Do you use a form? Do you just have job descriptions and review those in management review?

The second part is measure customer satisfaction. Are companies going to surveys or personal visits? I work for a very small chemical company and we have been more reactive as opposed to proactive in customer satisfaction.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

"Competency of Employees and Customer Satisfaction
I have been assigned the task to upgrade us to the 2000 standard. I have rewritten the quality policy and manual to address the new revisions. I do have a few questions that I would like to pose to the forum.

How are companies meeting the competency requirement? Do you use a form? Do you just have job descriptions and review those in management review?

The second part is measure customer satisfaction. Are companies going to surveys or personal visits? I work for a very small chemical company and we have been more reactive as opposed to proactive in customer satisfaction."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

1: Job description, training and review of the training through on the spot audits of competancy. Basically we give them a test on the subject to which they were trained on a basis determined by the company. Also take into consideration fall-out rates and customer complains when doing the employee competancy.

2: The use of surveys for customer satisfaction is minimally succesful at best. Ask your customer what the method is that they use to rate you and use that information. A good thing to do is keep in weekly contact with your customer rep. to let them know you care and keep a record of such that can be used on an attribute chart.

Hope this helps!!

For the new employees we are modifying our current training checklists to include a sign-off for the person to demonstrate that they can do the skill/competency.

For our employees that have been here for a while. Our auditor suggested that we add on the performance apprasial a statement to the last page (signature page) that the person has demonstrated comptenacy in their position or they need training in ________ and then attach a training plan.

In addition to this we will have their training report to also demonstrate that they are maintaining their skills.

We are trying to do this but not :frust: the process for the supervisors or me in training/HR.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Push or Pull Induction and Competency Training Method for New Employees Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
B Internal Auditor Competency - Product Auditors Internal Auditing 9
I IATF Lab Scope Testing Qualification and Competency Documentation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
B Internal and external auditor competency to CSR's IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
M IATF 16949 7.2.3 Internal Auditor Competency - Trainer's competency Internal Auditing 7
J ISO 17025 Documented Procedure for 6.2.5 - Determining competency ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
D QA Inspector testing - Test for competency Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
S API Spec Q1 - How to define Management Representative competency for QMS Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 12
K Changing from Procedure based to Process based Competency Evaluations General Auditing Discussions 5
J ISO 9001 2015 - 7.2 Competency ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
A Documentation of Competency, Awareness IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
J ISO 9001 Competency - Forklift License and Internal Auditors ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
C AS9100 Cl. 7.2 Competency for contract workers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
K IATF 16949 Line and Dock Auditor Competency Requirements Internal Auditing 4
C IATF 16949 Cl. - 7.2.3 Internal Auditor Competency IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
C IATF 16949:2016 Cl. 7.2.3 Internal Auditor Competency Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 39
Q IATF 16949 Cl. 7.2.3 - Internal Auditor Competency and Records IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Q How can an Internal Auditor Trainer's Competency be Evaluated - IATF 16949 Cl. 7.2.3 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
P Problem with IATF 16949 Clause 7.2.3 Requirements (Internal Auditor Competency) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
B Competency of Trainer for Internal Auditor Training (IATF 16949) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
L Auditing Top Management - Meeting Competency Requirements and Questions to Ask General Auditing Discussions 11
S How to evaluate "competency" of consultants ? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
T MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Competency Test Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
A Assessing/Mapping Employee Attitude during Competency Mapping (Assessment) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
C Appropriate ways to address Competency? Generic vs Specific ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
D Competency requirements of an SOP Writer/Trainer ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
S Auditing TS16949 Competency Requirment (No Written Procedure IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
G What is needed to show competency Clause 6.2.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
A Determining Competency of a Trainer Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
Crusader Training / Competency Assessment Record for review and feedback Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
E Procedure Templates for Training, Awareness and Competency Assessment Process Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
K Internal Audit Competency Application Form example wanted Internal Auditing 3
P Supplier's Quality Competency - Testing the knowledge/competency of their personnel Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
V Should QA have Technical Competency US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 13
J 'Competency of Staff' Evaluation Method Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
M Internal Auditor Competency based upon Skill Sets based on ISO 19011 Internal Auditing 20
S Competency Requirements? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
S Incidence of Loss of Competency - Departure of a Knowledgable Employee Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 10
S Proof of Competency Outside of the Organization - Sending an Employee Abroad Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
A Competency Records Management - How do you manage your training/competency records? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
Z Top Management (Exempt Staff) vs. Training and Competency ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
V Competency - How I can show experienced operators are competent? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
R Company Director - Competency and Documented Job Description Requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
Q Competency and Training Verification - Review of employee resume/application ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
B Training and Competency Records Retention - UK Health Service Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 5
S Advice on how to assess competency in the absence of academic qualifications? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
J Training & Competency - ISO 13485 - Question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S Authorization Individual Form - Competency to use certain equipment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
D Testing an Inspector to Prove Competency in Visual Inspection Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
N Raising a Nonconformance for Lack of Competency of Contractor ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4