Competency of Employees and Customer Satisfaction

A

Alli - 2002

I have been assigned the task to upgrade us to the 2000 standard. I have rewritten the quality policy and manual to address the new revisions. I do have a few questions that I would like to pose to the forum.

How are companies meeting the competency requirement? Do you use a form? Do you just have job descriptions and review those in management review?

The second part is measure customer satisfaction. Are companies going to surveys or personal visits? I work for a very small chemical company and we have been more reactive as opposed to proactive in customer satisfaction.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

A

Al Dyer

"Competency of Employees and Customer Satisfaction
I have been assigned the task to upgrade us to the 2000 standard. I have rewritten the quality policy and manual to address the new revisions. I do have a few questions that I would like to pose to the forum.

How are companies meeting the competency requirement? Do you use a form? Do you just have job descriptions and review those in management review?

The second part is measure customer satisfaction. Are companies going to surveys or personal visits? I work for a very small chemical company and we have been more reactive as opposed to proactive in customer satisfaction."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

1: Job description, training and review of the training through on the spot audits of competancy. Basically we give them a test on the subject to which they were trained on a basis determined by the company. Also take into consideration fall-out rates and customer complains when doing the employee competancy.

2: The use of surveys for customer satisfaction is minimally succesful at best. Ask your customer what the method is that they use to rate you and use that information. A good thing to do is keep in weekly contact with your customer rep. to let them know you care and keep a record of such that can be used on an attribute chart.

Hope this helps!!

N

Nav

For the new employees we are modifying our current training checklists to include a sign-off for the person to demonstrate that they can do the skill/competency.

For our employees that have been here for a while. Our auditor suggested that we add on the performance apprasial a statement to the last page (signature page) that the person has demonstrated comptenacy in their position or they need training in ________ and then attach a training plan.

In addition to this we will have their training report to also demonstrate that they are maintaining their skills.

We are trying to do this but not :frust: the process for the supervisors or me in training/HR.

Top Bottom