Complaint Handling Call Centers

D

dauclair

Hi Everyone,

I work for a very small medical device company and we are in the process of inking a deal in China, Hong Kong and Europe to manufacture and sell our product. I have been tasked with finding a Call Center who could help us to manage customer complaints outside of the U. S (Complaints as specified by ISO, FDA and ICH). Does anyone use such a service? If so, what do you see as the advantages and disadvantages of this service? How efficiently does the call center process complaints and coordinate with you?

Any information AT ALL would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance - Dauclair:bigwave:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Hi Everyone,

I work for a very small medical device company and we are in the process of inking a deal in China, Hong Kong and Europe to manufacture and sell our product. I have been tasked with finding a Call Center who could help us to manage customer complaints outside of the U. S (Complaints as specified by ISO, FDA and ICH). Does anyone use such a service? If so, what do you see as the advantages and disadvantages of this service? How efficiently does the call center process complaints and coordinate with you?

Any information AT ALL would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance - Dauclair:bigwave:
For a "very small" organization, why are you anticipating an influx of customer complaints to the extent you need a third party to handle them? One of my consulting clients has been in the medical device business for more than half a century. When I looked at the complaint file covering EVERY complaint for the last fifty years, it took up about ten inches in one drawer of a filing cabinet. Reading through those "complaints," I saw one which said "you should make these in different colors." with absolutely no explanation of why the "complainer" thought more than one color was needed. The followup by the client asked, "Why?" and the complainer never replied.

On a practical note:
unless the complaint is something urgent (in which case, your organization will want to deal with it directly), most complaints can be handled by a snail mail letter, an email, or a phone call. Rather than train and pay a third party to intercept and then interpret the validity and urgency of the complaint, why not have complainers, if any, call you direct during YOUR business hours or contact you by email with the autosponder on YOUR email stating, "We acknowledge receipt of your message and will respond within 24 hours."?

For the record:
If it were my company, I'd want ALL complaints to be reduced to writing, regardless if the initial contact is by voice. The accuracy of the written transcript of the voice message should be confirmed by the complainer, also in writing.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
<snip>If it were my company, I'd want ALL complaints to be reduced to writing, regardless if the initial contact is by voice. The accuracy of the written transcript of the voice message should be confirmed by the complainer, also in writing.
In formal standards and procedures called the complainant.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
In formal standards and procedures called the complainant.
I know, but in most cases, it should rhyme with "whiner." Viz, my example above.

Besides, the term "complaint" is itself pejorative. As I look through complaint files of clients, many of the files I read are more aptly termed "comments" or "suggestions," but too many of us are gun shy and treat every missive that is not an order or request for quotation as a "complaint."

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Besides, the term "complaint" is itself pejorative.
I work for a very small medical device company and we are in the process of inking a deal in China, Hong Kong and Europe to manufacture and sell our product. I have been tasked with finding a Call Center who could help us to manage customer complaints outside of the U. S (Complaints as specified by ISO, FDA and ICH).
The key thing to remeber here is that you would be outsourcing a CRITICAL process of your QMS and the FDA definition of "complaint" is much broader than what most quality professionals are used to.

Any CUSTOMER feedback about the product usability, performance, reliability etc. HAS to be recorded and processed. Be very careful when specifying your customer contact process so that ANY relevant data is captured and conveyed to your organization.

I would require the call center to be independently assessed (NOT CERTIFIED) against ISO 10002 to give you confidence of their system robustness.

medwise

Involved In Discussions
dauclair -

Confidence can also be built by stringent vendor/supplier assurance program. Audit them periodically and ensure that they understand your requirements (supplier contract) and follow your complaint procedure. Additionally, train them periodically on your procedure to ensure effectiveness.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
Romit:tg:

Call center handle customer calls on all aspects, one among them is complaint.
Are you ready to assess your call center and appoint them on all aspects of customer relation..., considering the regulatory requirements also ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Complaint review as part of the complaint handling process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
B Procedures for Complaint Handling and Post Market Surveillance EU Medical Device Regulations 10
J KPIs or Metrics to Measure a New Complaint Handling Process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
M Complaint Handling Responsibilities for a Design Partner - ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
S Merging Post Market Surveillance and Complaint Handling ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Production and Post-Production and Complaint Handling ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
A Risk Management, complaint handling and CAPA system ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
M Manufacturer's handling of Distributor's Historical Complaint Records US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
Michael Malis What is the best Complaint Handling system? Customer Complaints 16
T US Clinical Study conducted in EU - What are EU Complaint handling reqts? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Complaint Handling Procedure for Medical Devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
B Software Validation Procedure Question - Complaint Handling Process software Software Quality Assurance 9
Sidney Vianna IATF 16949 News IATF Performance Complaint Management System (IATF CMS) within the IATF Database IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
A Are defective returned spare parts to be considered as a complaint? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
L Customer Complaint Internal Auditing 3
shimonv Device deficiencies (~complaint) discovered during a clinical trial ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Non conformance/complaint and CAPA ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C Complaint Return Sample Size Question 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
Melissa Complaint about Adhesive ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
K Do Contract Manufacturers need a complaint procedure? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 10
M Reduce occurrence rating based on the PMS data and customer complaint data ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
B Complaint Records - Accessing records on Easy Track Software Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 3
J Customer Complaint & SCAR, false data Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
M ISO 13485:2016 Complaint Definition Clarity Customer Complaints 2
J Customer Complaint Response 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S How to treat a customer complaint ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Requirements for Complaint Files - Distributed Goods Customer Complaints 3
S Is any dissatisfaction over a Medical Device considered as a complaint? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
A Complaint alert levels - Industry standards pertaining to alert levels for complaints Customer Complaints 5
D Class II medical device - When should a complaint be closed? Customer Complaints 6
PhilM Nonconformance report, Customer complaint investigations and RMAs ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
G Problem Resolution Report Monitoring - Customer complaint or PRR as general motors use Customer Complaints 12
R Does an RMA = a Customer Complaint Customer Complaints 4
G Customer complaint over a Reference Dimension Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
Z Security for Approvals - Cloud based Complaint, NC, and CAPA systems Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 8
S How to collect complaint data from customers Customer Complaints 24
E Is there an Automotive Customer Complaint Index? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
R In a software development company: Is every bug reported by the customer a complaint? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 27
E Corrective Action or Customer Complaint ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
T Decontamination responsibility on customer complaint investigation Customer Complaints 4
N Possibly worlds first customer service complaint Supply Chain Security Management Systems 0
A What is a Customer Complaint? (ISO 9001:2015) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
S What is the difference between a service request and a complaint? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Should Potential Customer Complaint Outcome Define Registrar NC Rating? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
J FDA definition of a complaint - Customer orders spare parts 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
R 510(k) - Finished Test Reports - RTA - Bit of a Complaint 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
P Customer Complaint Definition - Food Distributor Customer Complaints 5
J Using Complaint Rate to Update FMEA P.O.C ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
C Complaint Training - FDA - How to recognize complaints and what actions to take 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
R Customer Complaint - Samples vs. Removal - FDA Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2