Complaint Records - Accessing records on Easy Track Software

Bill Krause

Registered
Hello All,

A number of years ago, mid 90s through early 2000s, we used a software called Easy Track on a Win 95 OS to manage our complaints. All complaint information, pictures, and associated investigational information was stored in Easy Track, with no paper back up. Fast Forward to 2021, I am trying to access some old complaints we have and unfortunately, we no longer have the correct login credentials and have been unsuccessful in attempting to access the complaint date through the underlying Oracle database.

My question for the forum: Does anyone know of a way to bypass the login requirements, or a company that specializes in accessing locked Oracle databases?

The secondary question for the forum: Does anyone know who bought Easy Track?

I suspect we are not the only company who has experienced this problem, and any help on this topic would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Hello Bill, welcome to The Cove!

Are you able to get into the Windows OS, just not open Easy Track?

Your circumstance is an unfortunate reality in a business world that depends on programs that go obsolete, or service contracts expire over time or following merger/acquisition. You may need to hire someone from a local managed service provider - that is a contract IT service that serves organizations that do not have their own IT staff. Explain your problem and expect to be billed by the hour.

Good luck - I wish I could be of more help.

Bill Krause

Registered
Hi Jen,

Thanks for the reply - This is not an OS issue but rather getting into the proprietary DB created by a software vendor who is no longer in business. Unfortunately, you are correct in that this is a sad reality of collision between business software used to "help", and the regulatory world. Although we have our own global IT support network, this type of work is not something we typically take care with in-house resources and will end up contracting someone to rebuild the DB.

I may be an "old dog" but, we never had this issue with paper based systems. :)

Top Bottom