Completing RABQSA AS9100 AIEA Auditor Certification Requirements - how to get audits?

A

alspread

Hi folks,

Any advice on how to complete the auditing requirements for RAB AS9100 AIEA auditor. I have completed the class and testing requirements, but I'm finding it difficult to find ways to complete my 2nd/3rd party audit requirements.

More and more private firms are accepting third party certifications and no longer require audits.

i have asked a couple of registrars if they have any programs to help out someone who wants to get certified, but have come up empty.

Any ideas?

E

edelsal

Re: Completing RAB AS9100 AIEA Auditor Certification Requirements

Hi folks,

...I have completed the class and testing requirements, but I'm finding it difficult to find ways to complete my 2nd/3rd party audit requirements.

More and more private firms are accepting third party certifications and no longer require audits.

Hi Covers,

I too would like to hear some suggestions as to how to accomplish this...

I am in the same situation as alspread...

Thanks

DannyK

Trusted Information Resource

I know that there would be some interest in Canada for AIEA auditors. The situation in the past has been that registrars have spent a lot of money and effort on training and helping the auditors get through the process and then within a couple of months the auditors leave to do work for others.

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator

Here in the Dallas area, we have an ASQ Audit SIG which offers audit services for free (well, for lunch each audit day for each auditor) to companies to give auditors needed audit time. I don't know if there's anything comparable there, but that may be one way.

R

rastrodave

Re: Completing RABQSA AS9100 AIEA Auditor Certification Requirements - how to get aud

I am willing to fork out the $4000 for training (study to pass 2 tests), and am in the same place - I need the 20 hrs / 4 audits - I have spoken to two "current" auditors that have no idea how to do this either - aside from quttiing your current job, befriending an as9100 auditor to work for free for 2 months, I am at a loss

Big Jim

Admin
Re: Completing RABQSA AS9100 AIEA Auditor Certification Requirements - how to get aud

Considering the projected shortage of AS auditors, I'm surprised you have not found a registrar willing to help you complete the needed competencies. The shortage is critical. I would suggest you keep trying registration bodies. I have a feeling you may have more luck with the bigger ones.

Top Bottom