Compliance Software Packages

T

Tom Goetzinger

Would be interested in hearing information on experiences using products such as Powerway or Systemcorp's Office Control 9000 and Process Component 98. Systemcorp's web site indicates that 2000 of 7000 companies recently certified used their software as a tool. I've looked at both, and in demo they look like they might be worthwhile, but demos don't tell the whole story. What are they like in real life? Company provided references can be misleading.
Tom Goetzinger
gotoms@yahoo.com

Marc

Retired Old Goat
Staff member
Admin
There are some opinions on Powerway and a couple of others here. Try a search on POWERWAY and you should find some info. Search in all forums.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
most office packages will do the same thing with a little creativity.

A girl attending the QSLA seminar with you has a great package at her company...forgot what its called...but I will introduce you...she will tell you about it...they refer to it as 'key file' but I don't know the package's real name. Its her project, so she can really give you the details. PRO and CON..and what they found as they looked for their solutions.

T

Tom Goetzinger

Marc,
Tried your suggestion to search all forums for Powerway. Only hit I got was this topic. Also searched for Systemcorp and got no hits at all (it is mentioned in this topic, but the search did not find it)
Thought I had tried that before I posted the topic, but wasn't sure.

Barb,
Thanks for the contact. I will be in touch with her.

Tom Goetzinger

Marc

Retired Old Goat
Staff member
Admin
I had to rebuild the index file. Try your search again. Sorry - the 'automatic' search index update has been known to fail from time to time....

Marc

Retired Old Goat
Staff member
Admin
Was checking out some prices on software for a client and called Powerway. They gave me a guy named David Armstrong. He flat out told me Powerway doesn't work with consultants. I said I just was trying to get some prices on modules and he told me in so many words prices are none of my business.

From this - before you consider Powerway, consider their attitude and karma.

F

Fred Nichelson

I too was checking on software by powerway, talked to a salesperson by the name of bob stahlke: rcstahlke@powerway.com. He was very helpful about the suite plus package. Sent me a demo disk (web site info on disk)and information about the software. Cost, around $6,000.00. Includes two training courses. told him we might not be able to buy this software at this time. Not all salesperson are the same.

B

B. Maynard

There are many Software pkgs. available. There are few with hands on experience. You might check this web page. It has everything available. www.wdm-qs9000-y2k.com Hope this helps.

Bill

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 09 December 1999).]