Compliance with AS9100 Rev C Risk Management Purchasing Requirements

E

Eloy Gomez

We are trying to create a form in oder to comply with the AS9100 Rev C Risk Management requirements.

I am starting with the purchasing department and was wondering what type of information this form would cover? Any help would be appreciated it. thanks.

C

CGarveyX

For our risk management form we identify the following:
1.) A description of the risk
2.) The cause or source
3.) The mitigating action
4.) A spot to evaluate the effectiveness of the actions taken
5.) Who identified the risk
6.) Who is responsible for taking action

It also includes a rating system for impact and probability that is based on Risk Management Guide for DOD Acquisition We use it to tell us the relative importance of the risk as well as if mitigating action is required.

As far as things we consider in purchasing, some items include: new suppliers, sole source suppliers, suppliers with lower quality ratings in our system, long lead times, etc.

K

KwalityWonk

Along with The Risk Management Guide for DOD Aquisition, Some other great references I found out on the web were :ISO 31000-Risk Management- Principles and guidelines, (Final Draft)
Austrailian/ New Zealand Standard AS/NZS 4360-2004- Risk Management
Gets a little complicated, and I'm not sure how detailed a process is going to be required first time around on AS9100C audits, but better be thinking it will follow the ISO model sooner or later. Hope this helps!

Top Bottom