Complying with AS9100 D Section 8.4.3 m. Ensuring that persons are Aware of...

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Section AS9100 D Section 8.4.3 adds a bunch of new requirements. For starters, how are you folks planning to comply with 8.4.3.m

The organization shall communicate to external providers its requirements for:

m. ensuring that persons are aware of:

- their contribution to product or service conformity;
- their contribution to product safety;
- the importance of ethical behavior.

Thanks for your help!

DannyK

Re: AS9100 D Section 8.4.3

The requirements would be listed in the terms and conditions of PO or quality clauses.

Any company that will have AS9100D certification, will meet these requirements since they have to meet the requirements for awareness in clause 7.3.

You can review if you are auditing the company or you can ask the company to provide you with a compliance statement

howste

Thaumaturge
Re: AS9100 D Section 8.4.3

I agree with DannyK. Flow it down like any other requirement.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Thanks, that's (T's and C's) what we had planned, just thought I'd see if there was something else easy I was missing. :agree1:

D

DAH-QA

Does anyone have an example of how that would look/spelled out in the PO T'S & C's?

J.Enger

Involved In Discussions
We have a "Quality Assurance Provision" that we send to all suppliers, and a note on all the PO's that state the suppliers must meet the requirements of it.

I have attached it below, it is based on the original, I haven't had a chance to fully flush it out to AS9100D.

Attachments

• QR-0840-01, Quality Assurance Provisions.docx
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,118

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
To me, that's one of those requirements that are categorized as "wishful thinking".

First, your organization would have to develop their own requirements towards suppliers concerning the suppliers' employees and contractors are aware of:

— their contribution to product or service conformity;
— their contribution to product safety;
— the importance of ethical behavior.

This falls more in line with a Supplier Code of Conduct (SCoC). How many small and medium size organizations have a SCoC?

Secondly, how would you assess that? Because if you don't assess conformance against it, what is the point of flowing it down?

Easy "gotcha NCN" in any AS9100D audit, in my estimation.

D

DAH-QA

Thank you. I do not have a copy of AS9100C, so I am assuming the following is new to AS9100D which is the portion I was after. Anyone else have the below requirements called out and wouldn't mind sharing?

The organization shall communicate to external providers its requirements for:

m. ensuring that persons are aware of:

Their contribution to product or service conformity;
Their contribution to product safety;
The importance of ethical behavior.

D

DAH-QA

To me, that's one of those requirements that are categorized as "wishful thinking".

First, your organization would have to develop their own requirements towards suppliers concerning the suppliers' employees and contractors are aware of:
— their contribution to product or service conformity;
— their contribution to product safety;
— the importance of ethical behavior.

This falls more in line with a Supplier Code of Conduct (SCoC). How many small and medium size organizations have a SCoC?

Secondly, how would you assess that? Because if you don't assess conformance against it, what is the point of flowing it down?

Easy "gotcha NCN" in any AS9100D audit, in my estimation.

I agree, this requirement is a bit challenging to enforce and verify. I work for a very small company, 30 employees and am in the process of taking them from ISO 9001:2008 to AS9100D since all work we do is for DoD.

At this moment, I'm not sure how to proceduralize this, hence my initial post.

B

BoardGuy

Here is the IAQG clarification on 8.4.3.

Question: [FONT=&quot]Do companies have to flow down all requirements listed in section 8.4.3? There are many different approaches which auditors are taking in this area and requiring flow down of requirements.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IAQG Answer: ISO 9001:2015 and 9100:2016 has removed the words “where appropriate” given that clause 4.3 allows organizations to apply requirements when applicable. Organizations can determine certain portions of the clause 8.4.3 listing are not applicable to their organization.[/FONT]

Top Bottom