Comprehensive Quality Management Software (database) Recommendations wanted

C

czielsdorff

All,

My company will soon be looking at new Quality Management Software. Right now we have different aspects of the Quality System in different software packages (many are still using word or excel). We would like to find a software package that can handle as many of the different processes as possible in an easy to use and integrated manner.

Examples of the processes would be customer complaints, internal audits, supplier qualifications, supplier audits, CAPA system, Training Records, etc.

Any software you have experience with and your overall impressions would help direct our search.

Thanks,
CZ

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Quality Management Software

I think you will find a lot of information in the similar threads at the bottom of the page, as well as doing a search. This topic has been discussed quite a bit here.

But, I will recommend my favorite software: MQ1 from Cebos. It is well integrated and information can be linked from area to area very easily. Also, custom report writing is a breeze, especially compared to those that require Crystal Reports.

C

czielsdorff

Thanks for the reply. I didn't even think to search for this as I was searching for another topic.

I did a quick search and found this list of possibilities:
MQ1
TrackWise
Quality Workbench
MentorsoftPRO
Master Control
Agile PDM

If anybody would like to add to this list, or give experience and impressions from actually using any of the above software, please feel free to share. Otherwise we will continue to investigate these possibilities.

Thanks,
Casey

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!

There is also IQS. Not one of my preferred ones - but out there...

A

achorste

We recently were shown a system called etq Reliance. If it does everything it says on the tin I'm very impressed.

Other companies in the group use it & they're very happy with it.

The biggest advantage I saw over other packages was that you can customise the workflows - you aren't constrained to one particular method- the exa\mple I used was the difference between an 8D problem solving approach compared to a DMAIC method.

A

alspread

We've had IQS and are very happy with it.
I guess it would depend on the kind of work you do and your expectations.

IQS is VERY integrated, linking all kinds of items from one module to another.

L

LNeJame

Hi,

Just to say it upfront, I work for The Harrington Group.

We manufacture quality management software. If you would like, I would be happy to provide you with some more information about our offerings. Feel free to pm me or email me directly.

Thank you for your time, I hope you are able to find something that works for you and I hope I could be of help.

Regards,
Larry NeJame

C

czielsdorff

We've had IQS and are very happy with it.
I guess it would depend on the kind of work you do and your expectations.

IQS is VERY integrated, linking all kinds of items from one module to another.

We have some other software systems (both for current quality functions as well as manufacturing functions) that are really integrated as well, but we are not using all of the functionality, so we are loosing some of the benefits.

Would you say the software is fairly intuitive and easy to use? Also does it integrate with your ERP system? (If so, which ERP system do you use?).

We just implemented SAP and it was a challange for everybody to adopt it. (They were not very happy for a while, but are beginning to see the benefits.) So I am hoping this transition will be less abrasive. :)

Thanks,
Casey

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
I have found my work with MQ1 very intuitive - especially their built-in report writer. I think it has surpassed IQS in its intuitiveness and flexibility. I also think they have more responsive customer service. I have also used PlexOnline - which is more comprehensive than both IQS or MQ1 (includes accounting, time cards, purchasing and other business systems) BUT, it is not as flexible and is a very comprehensive implementation.

J

JaneB

We would like to find a software package that can handle as many of the different processes as possible in an easy to use and integrated manner.

Examples of the processes would be customer complaints, internal audits, supplier qualifications, supplier audits, CAPA system, Training Records, etc.

I do urge you to get clear about what you want it to do and how, because systems differ. Depends, for example, on whether you want to integrate it with SAP (you have my sympathy there, by the way) or run completely standalone systems.

I'd have a look at Flowbiz www.flowbiz.com.au - very interesting series of products available, smart design and great flexibility. And no, I have no connection with them.

Top Bottom