Computerized system Master Validation Plan, IQ-OQ-PQ Draft or Template

kisna

Registered
Hi Everyone,

I recently joined a pharma company. I have strictly worked in IT Field and this is my first time working in pharma side of IT field. I found Elsmar when I was searching online. Hopefully, i will be able to find the answers from all of you.

So i have been told to create a "Computerized System Master Validation Plan that involves IQ-OQ-PQ for LAB system which includes mainly hardware (Servers and workstations) and minor softwares (installation Qualification and anything of importance). I have never done this before, can anyone provide me with some draft or a template of a sort where I can easily add the information required?

Is there anything else that i should keep in mind for future? Any information shared will be gracefully appreciated.

Thnak You Very Much in Advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
You might want to start by getting the GAMP 5 manual. They lay out all the aspects of a good validation system and is targeted for the pharma community.

Note that they don't, however, GAMP 5 doesn't exactly endorse the IQ-OQ-PQ paradigm (they do provide a mapping between those activities and what they do endorse).

locutus

Involved In Discussions
+1 to yodon, GAMP 5 is the fairly de facto Computer System Validation (CSV) methodology that is used in pharma (and can be applied to med device as well).

Be careful with GAMP documents 2 to 5. They were written by committees and as such; try to write simple solutions, that fit all purposes. So, you will find contradictions in their methodologies.

However, GAMP can be a useful document when you are tasked with writing your Company's Software Practices & Procedure SOP or manual, then you can research through it and extract the tasks and information most appropriate for your requirements.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D Computerized System Validation in Pharma Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
Q Computerized System Periodic Review Requirement - Pharma Company Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 7
pbojsen Computerized Learning Management Systems (Training systems) recommendations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A QMS and Computerized Software Compliance with Standards US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
W CPOEs (Computerized Order Entry Systems)? FDA regulated or not? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
Ron Rompen Computerized Electronic Signatures on Inspection Records Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 8
A Computerized QMS records and ISO 17025 status tagging ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
G ISO 9000 and TS 16949 - CMMS (Computerized maintenance management software) Required? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
P Conformity assessment based on a quality management system or production quality assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 0
D EQMS - When the internet or system might not be available ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Ron Rompen MSA on automated measurement system - Multiple Step Vision System Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S Quality management system (Well head installation & maintenance) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
DuncanGibbons Model-Based procedures and Architecting the QMS as a System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
P How to develop executable quality management system for rookies? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
Anonymous16-2 21 CFR Part 11 - Steps to take if we want to validate an electronic system Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
M Requirement to manufacture under a quality management system EU Medical Device Regulations 4
G IMS (Integrated Management System) 9001, 14001 & 45001- Request Assistance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
K Sterile barrier system symbols - Label redlines for a Class III device (Kit Box) EU Medical Device Regulations 0
A IATF 16949 4.3.1 - Determining the scope of the quality management system - supplemental IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
R SAT (System Accuracy Test) temperature according to AMS2750E AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A Building up a global quality management system ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A Building up a global quality management system 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
T ISO 17025:2017 requirement 5.7.b. about maintenance the integrity of the management system ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
H Pedicle screw system Conformity Assessment Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
S Rees System Validation Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
Q User Requirement Specification for HR (Human Resource Management System) Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
A Document Change Notice vs complete System re-write Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
C NCR (Nonconformance System) Software Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
K ISO 15223-1 Sterile barrier system - The 3-layer symbol EU Medical Device Regulations 1
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Starting an ISO 41001:2018 Facility management system Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
K ERP System Software Validation - ISO13485 2016 4.1.6 Design and Development of Products and Processes 8
F MDR system/procedurepack (article 22) with device acc. to MDD and MDR CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
M MDR requires the NB to perform "tests in order to check that the quality management system" EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S CQI-23 - Molding System Assessment - Control of part weight IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
D Classification of Syringe (nozzle) of needle free injection system. EU Medical Device Regulations 8
T Correct MSA study for an automated camera system which makes attribute inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J Medical System with non-medical device and FCC US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
B Include cost of quality (and other wastes) in an ISO 9001 system? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Q Software SOP - Use and maintenance of an ERP system Software Quality Assurance 6
B Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) A Key Process of the Quality Management System Dec 17... Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
P IEC 62304 - evaluation of integration and system testing IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
J Quality Assurance in China - Developing a quality management system for a California company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
S Maintaining Equipment Records - We use a manual system ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
R Bottom up approach versus system level ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
M Informational Creating a post market surveillance (PMS) system for medical devices – Part 1 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
Sidney Vianna Informational List of ISO Management System Standards Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0