Confusion on 510(k) Transfer Guidance - Device Listing

Hi all, :bigwave:

and there may only be one 510(k) holder for a device at a time
This statement is confusing me greatly.

We have four establishments (medical gloves) registered in the FURLS database all under the same ownership:

1. Specification Developer and Foreign Exporter
2. Contract Manufacturer 1
3. Contract Manufacturer 2
4. Contract Manufacturer 3

If the Spec Developer is the 510(k) holder, can the contract manufacturers produce under the 510(k) simultaneously?

In order to get device listings, we need to "associate" the 510(k) with the contract manufacturer - which I think makes the contract manufacturer the presumptive 510(k) holder. Would that mean we theoretically would have to activate and deactivate our device listing according to our production/shipping schedule?

Or can the Spec Developer / Foreign Exporter list the devices produced by the contract manufacturers itself?

I hope my questions make sense and thank you in advance for any answers.

:thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Hi,

"510(k) holder" refers to proprietary ownership. In that sense there can only be one 510(k) holder (owner) at a time. Other entities can manufacture and list under the same 510(k) while not being the owner.

Both specification developers and contract manufacturers need to list (the same device).

I hope that that's clear.

Cheers,
Ronen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B EMPB (Erstmusterprufbericht) VDA form confusion + PSW VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
M Risk Analysis Flow - Confusion between ISO 14971 and IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 8
S Some confusion about the creepage and clearance distance? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
S CE Mark - Classification Confusion EU Medical Device Regulations 12
A CE mark - Measuring Instruments Directive confusion! CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
B Confusion on the new FMEA guidebook - Are we supposed to replace our FMEAs? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Q Buy American Act - COTS confusion Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
M IAS (USA) Accreditation with IAF for ISO 13485 Logo Confusion EU Medical Device Regulations 10
K Design and Development Exemption/NA confusion Design and Development of Products and Processes 6
M Accept/Reject (Ac/Re) Numbers (ISO 2859-1) Confusion Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
A Informational Confusion about Risks for Processes in ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 44
I Gage R&R confusion on a part that has little variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
M "Single Patient Use" Terminology Confusion Other Medical Device Related Standards 9
M Health Canada Private Label Guidance Confusion - Quality System Required? Canada Medical Device Regulations 5
S Ionograph Testing - MIL-PRF-55110 Confusion AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
N Confusion within CE Mark and European Regulations CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
C Clause 6.3 Infrastructure - Clearing the Confusion ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
T Acronym COP - Acronym Confusion Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 21
O Hazards vs. Hazardous Situation Confusion ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 11
SteveK EN ISO 13485:2012 vs. ISO 13485:2003 - Confusion? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 25
AmandaMusser Documentation Confusion - Agile BOM Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Defining what is a Medical Device Accessory and what isn't - Much Confusion EU Medical Device Regulations 8
T Product Realization Confusion - Manufacturer Specifications Aspects and Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
B 510k exempt Class I Medical Device - Confusion during the facility registration US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
D Confusion in writing a SIPOC (Supplier, Input, Process, Output, Customer) Six Sigma 5
thisby_ Confusion between Software Medical Device and Health Software to do a QM IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
S Confusion DPU, PPM & DPMO vs. Sigma Level - ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt hand book Six Sigma 14
Hershal Participation...........(Which Clause(s) cause you the most confusion or question?) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
P Confusion on declared (part of the quality manual) and non-declared documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 18
Marc Confusion Reigns As Analog TV Begins Shutdown After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Q Confusion over REACH Chemical List RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
V How to use Sampling Plans - Confusion on Lot Sampling Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
I Six Sigma - Confusion while creating SIPOC diagram Six Sigma 6
G Health & Safety Executive - ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Confusion Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 6
T ISO/TS 16949:2002 Audit Confusion Internal Auditing 21
Manix WEEE and the confusion surrounding whether we fall into the scope of the directive! Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 9
Domoreto IATF Confusion - Our Registrar bought by another Registrar IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
D Confusion regarding design responsibility - What can arguably be excluded? Design and Development of Products and Processes 10
R Confusion - Which tools are used and why on a daily basis? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
M PPAP vs. Annual layout confusion - Customer "emergency PPAP" request APQP and PPAP 14
Randy Confusion and Castor Oil Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
Manix Staging Process - Some confusion about what this stage actually is Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
S Control chart limit calculation confusion concerning SPC control limit calculation Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 27
F ISO 9001:2000 Confusion - Process Aspects: Interactions, Inputs, Outputs, Etc. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Clause 4.2.3 Confusion: Documents that predate the doc control procedure. Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 17
S Numbering Confusion - BS EN ISO 9001:2000 vs. Other national versions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Q ISO Confusion - Do we comply and other questions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
T 510(k) submission - Which name should I use in the submission? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
Watchcat Advantages to pursuing a Special 510(k) instead of a Traditional 510(k) Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
A 510(k) registration and listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1