Congratulations to L-A-B - Invited to join the APLAC MRA as a Signatory Body

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator
The Laboratory Accreditation Bureau (L-A-B) was invited to join the APLAC MRA as a signatory body during the recent meeting in Malaysia.

Congratulations!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Re: Congratulations to L-A-B

The Laboratory Accreditation Bureau (L-A-B) was invited to join the APLAC MRA as a signatory body during the recent meeting in Malaysia.

Congratulations!
Hershal, for people like me who need "Metrology for Dummies":lol:, can you expand a little more on this?

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Congratulations to L-A-B

Hershal, for people like me who need "Metrology for Dummies":lol:, can you expand a little more on this?
Amen to that!

A short narrative or reference to help us understand these (new?) developments would help. :agree1:

Stijloor.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Happy to.......

Becoming a signatory as it is known to the APLAC MRA means that L-A-B now has international recognition for its accreditations.....

To achieve that it has to be audited by the APLAC body to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17011 by a team comprised from other ABs within the MRA.....

It carries some obligations.....for example, A2LA, L-A-B, ACLASS, NVLAP, and IAS can now accept accreditations from the others.....this has been true for quite awhile for IAS, A2LA, and NVLAP.....fairly recently including ACLASS, and now includes L-A-B.....same holds true for accreditations from other MRA partners such as EMA of Mexico, HKAS, NATA, IANZ, and others.....it also means that since APLAC is a region under ILAC, that any ILAC body will now accept them.....

It takes a LOT of work to get to signatory status.....

Hope this helps a bit.....

R

RDLJR

Hershal,

I wanted to thank you for posting a congratulations to L-A-B on the cove. I have not logged on to the cove in years (my bad for not keeping in touch). I now see you have been helping the quality and laboratory community via the cove forums for quite some time.

Thank you again,

R. Douglas Leonard Jr.
Managing Director
Laboratory Accreditation Bureau (L-A-B)

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Hershal,

I wanted to thank you for posting a congratulations to L-A-B on the cove. I have not logged on to the cove in years (my bad for not keeping in touch). I now see you have been helping the quality and laboratory community via the cove forums for quite some time.

Thank you again,

R. Douglas Leonard Jr.
Managing Director
Laboratory Accreditation Bureau (L-A-B)
It is we that thank you! We appreciate you dropping by here, and hope that you can help out however you can here on the Cove. If you did a quick search, calibration and 17025 has increased interest here at the Cove in the past years, with individuals bringing a range of questions.

Welcome to the Cove:bigwave:, and we hope to see you around more!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ajit Basrur Congratulations Steve Prevette on getting a Silver Star Covegratulations 11
Ronen E Congratulations Somashekar for getting the Silver Star Covegratulations 9
S Congratulations to Sidney Vianna Covegratulations 16
S Congratulations to Jim Wynne for 10000 posts - 6 July 2010 Covegratulations 17
BradM Congratulations to Jennifer Kirley Covegratulations 42
D Congratulations Dr. Ramakrishnan Imported Legacy Blogs 0
Hershal Congratulations L-A-B and PJLA - Signatory status - ILAC Resolution GA12.03 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
Jen Kirley I have been invited to help edit an ASQ exam again Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
Hershal PJLA invited to join APLAC MRA General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
K Can I join External or Online Internal Auditor Courses Apart from my Company...? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
K Are Online Universities worth to join or scam? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13
Jim Wynne Yet another reason not to join the ASQ (American Society for Quality) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 166
G Remote Location - Design Responsibility - TS 16949 Certification - Join the debate Design and Development of Products and Processes 14
Marc Funds join in social, environmental and governance factor pressure World News 2
C Offer/solicitation to join ASQ - But I've been a member for over a decade! ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 20
Top Bottom