Conical gauges (ISO 5356) how to use on PVC (soft part)

F

FAGUETOR - 2009

I am using Ring and Plug gauges basis in ISO 5356 others no metal.Medical devices
My question is: with parts as PVC (soft part) how can I inspect them wit ISO gauges?
For me now is to hard to determine is parts are in tolerance or not.
I apreciate your comments.
FAGUETOR

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

brahmaiah

I am using Ring and Plug gauges basis in ISO 5356 others no metal.Medical devices
My question is: with parts as PVC (soft part) how can I inspect them wit ISO gauges?
For me now is to hard to determine is parts are in tolerance or not.
I apreciate your comments.
FAGUETOR
You can use the same gauges but control the pressure applied on the parts/gauges.This is achieved after some trials and experiance only.Lot of patience and delicate handling is needed.
V.J.Brahmaiah

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D ISO 594-1 Female Conical Fitting Mount or Rubber Bung" Qualification in ISO 8537:2007 Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
T Conical Taper Tolerance - Allowable Deviation from Nominal Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
S Gagetrak upload of multiple gauges Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 0
N How do you properly seal gauges for storage? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 4
H Pin Gauges - tight fit = pass or fail? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 7
J Using ring gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D Different limits for new and worn gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
G Calibration of "Master Parts" Used as Gauges Calibration Frequency (Interval) 5
I How many gauges in a Go/No Go Gauge? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
L Calibration of Plug Gauges - Tolerancing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D Using "Particle Size Standard" templates as gauges - How to avoid giving a gauge # while using for process control? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
I Can we use pin gauges to measure an accurate Cpk ? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 9
S Acceptance criteria for gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
R Feeler Gauge Calibration - What tolerance is used for calibrating feeler gauges? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
S ISO 5356-1 - 22 mm ring gauges and test laboratories for an Anesthetic connector Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
W Duplicated Gauges want to reduce calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
K Guard-banding and relaxed acceptance for dimensional gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
S GRR on ID with set of pin gauges Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
J IATF 16949 Cl. 7.1.5.2.1 - Gauges (Measuring Jigs) Calibration/Verification Records IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
L Excel Template for Cgk Study wanted (Capability Gauges Study) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
B Calibration Status of Gauges for Training Only ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
G Sequence and Frequency of Calibration for Thread Gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
V How to Calibrate Ring Force Gauges Service Industry Specific Topics 1
N Calibration Method of Dial Thermometer Gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
E Do you need a Certification to Calibrate Gauges? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
E MSA of Attribute Gauges Signal Detection Method Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
K New Gauges calibration certificate shows deviations from the measurement uncertainty IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
K Calibration Overdue on Customer-owned Gauges Calibration Frequency (Interval) 5
L TiN Coated Thread Plug Gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
P Is MSA needed once or once a year for Verniers, Micrometers, Gauges, etc? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
P Internal Calibration for Laser Temperature Gauges Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
S Offline Laboratory Scale Gauges for Min Max Diameter of Round Steel Bars General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
N Calibration Certificate Requirements for Pressure Gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
S Colour Codes for Vacuum Gauges on Medical Devices? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
J Performing Internal Calibrations - Dial gauges, micrometers, height gauges, calipers General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
D Ring Gauges P.D Formula using "Ball Rounded Teeth" General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
S Calibrating Panel Mounted Pressure Gauges located on Hydraulic Test Stands General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
0 Best way to evaluate the differences between 2 gauges Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
D Acceptance Of Gauges > 10% < 20% Tolerance Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
E Calibration of Calipers, Mics, Height gauges - Recommended Gage Block Types General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
S Go/No-go Length Gauges - Length checking of beam assemblies General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D Two Gauges (Gages) - Two measurements correlation I do not know how to explain Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
D Comparison of two gauges - Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 25
A Plug Gauge Size shows increase after use? Criteria for acceptance of the gauges? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
B Method for Calibration of Thread Plug Gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
B Drunken Thread Inspection - Gauges for quick check for drunken threads General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Manix Do Gauges used for Maintenance of the Facilities Require Calibration IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
C Does all gauges mean every gage? Manufacturing Engineering (Paragraph 7.6.2) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
G Accuracy class for gauges - Class 1,0 gauges - NS-5504 (Norwegian Standard) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S New check gauges have strong chemical smell (TCE?) Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 8